17

Content Warning!
Mentions of attempted suicide.

[Eclipses pov]

      My mind is going so fast compared to my body, that I almost forget where I am even going. Last time I saw them it was just in one of the quiet backalleys beside the PizzaPlex, as it was closer to home and less risky for me to get too, but they'll be back at the old Arcade by now, where we usually meet.

     I love that Arcade. It's pretty much empty now, but the atmosphere there is peaceful, and it gives me so much pure nostalgia.
That place makes me so happy.
     It still has posters of the original animatronics plastered on the walls, and even some of the prototype plushie designs sitting on a shelf somewhere.
I love it.
     As I run along the streets, broad daylight coats my skin in a warm, golden glow.
     Sun...
I suddenly recall that I need to ask.
     Bloodmoon
          What
                Happened
Last Summer.
     I heard bits and pieces, but if it  really is the reason that Lunar did what he did, I deserve to know. I can't help him otherwise.

Bright indigo walls finally come into my field of vision, and relief quickly follows.
     I burst through the paint-stained door.
     Cosmo immediately rushes up to me and I am pulled into a hug.

"Oh you're back, you're back! Did you miss us already? BM's just doing some weird tech stuff out the back, as usual, shall I go get him for you?"
"Uhm, yeah, if you could. Thanks Coz'."

I watch as they escape through the opposite doorway, like a young child off to show their parent something. Sometimes I wonder how they remained so innocent after seeing so much.

     The return is almost immediate, followed by a reluctant looking Bloodmoon.

    "What do you want 'Clips?
You literally just  left." he sounds like one of the interrogation officers, and I have to stop myself from feeling bad for interrupting whatever he was doing.

     "I know, I know, I know, I-I'm really sorry but this, this, it's just really..
Lunar, he just tried,
H-he tried to..
     Lunar tried to kill himself,"

"Oh."
Cosmo tugs at his arm.
"Shit."

"I know Moon'll be there, but you guys have gotta come. Please.
I don't know what to do."
My voice shakes a little, and I can feel tears stinging against the scars I forgot were dotted around my face.
     "Hey, hey, hey, don't cry. Look, we'll come down. I've wanted to see him again for a while now, and it appears I put it off for long enough. Come on Coz'."

The two of them make swift exit of the Arcade after hearing that.
     As much as Sun and Moon irritate Bloodmoon, he is currently too worried about Lunar to complain about them.

We walk back in a silence that I want to smash up like glass.

Is this the time to ask?
When else?
It does concern Lunar after all..

           I swallow my nerves.
    I need to know the full story.

"Bloodmoon..?"
"Yeah?"

"What really  happened on the sixteenth of July?"