19

Content Warning!
Swearing.

[Eclipse's pov]

      It is a lot  to take in.

      We walk the rest of the stretch quietly. I wonder if they  try and avoid talking about it.  
      Bloodmoon didn't seem
too hesitant to fill me in...
     Maybe that's why Moon
didn't tell me after all.
     It hurt.

     I can't really complain now,
I know what I needed to know.

     We cross the bridge across the river to get back,
My stomach turns, just at the sight of bloodied plants, 
      drooping into the frozen abyss below.
It is all too fresh in my mind.

     I grit my teeth and continue stepping forwards, a little behind Cosmo, who is calmly searching for leaves on the ground.
    I wish I could be as childlike as them, wandering aimlessly without a care in the world.
     It'd be nice.

     We reach the house, sitting at the end of the very road the PizzaPlex too lies.
It is truly a wonder to me, that nobody has searched for us here, but I'm not complaining.

     Cosmo yanks the door wide open, and runs inside.
"My gosh it's really freezing out there! Oh hey, I haven't been here for ages, you guys should really redecorate or something.." they continue chattering to themself in much the same sense, disappearing up the stairs.

     Standing in the doorway, I lean against the peeling wallpaper and breathe a sigh of relief, purely at accomplishing the task of getting the three of us here in one piece.
     Bloodmoon stares back at me.

"So,"
"Hm?" I turn round.
"You look worried." he states.
What a genius observation.
"I'm fine, Just... let's go see Lunar. That's why you're here after all."
"Yeah, you're not. You're worried about him, and you're worried about me and your brother arguing again. Really  arguing."
      "Can we just go upstairs? I want to see them both." I start walking past him. He sighs.
"Look, look, look, you can avoid me all  you want right now, but you are gonna to talk to me later, because as much as you ignore it, you are not okay."
     "I already told you, I'm fine," I snap back at him. "You are not here to be my freaking therapist, so stop acting like it. You're here to see Lunar."
      "I'm here for both of you. I know you think he's worse off than you, and maybe he is, but you gotta realise that you need help too."

I don't answer him, and I hope it doesn't seem like I even heard.
He follows me.

     "Hi Mooniiiiieeee! I haven't seen you in like, forever!" Cosmo squeaks, running through the door and into his room.
      "You, child, need a leash." he replies bluntly, and I can almost feel  the sarcasm on his face.
     "Bloodmoon says that too, sometimes." they grin.
"My esteemed greetings, Moon" Bloodmoon yells from the hallway.
     "Hey! Oh, how much I've missed  you.
      If you talk like that the whole time you are here, I will throw you down the fucking stairs."
     Laughter is the only response. "I'm sure you will. Fortunately, however, I am not here to discuss such current matters with you."

     I don't even step past the door, I just stand and watch them insulting each other. I can't help it, when they're sarcastic,
it can be rather amusing.

"Hey Lunar!" I hear Cosmo.
      "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ALIVE?" Bloodmoon screeches, jumping up in surprise at seeing him so soon.
"I mean, hi! I missed you buddy!"

He was just standing next to me, and I didn't even notice.

He is so quiet.

I prepare to bite back the tears, but they don't come.
Apparently I'm a little numb to emotion right now.

       I watch as Lunar calmly walks over to Cosmo, and sits with them. The two immediately strike up a conversation, if you can call it that. Lunar doesn't talk  so much, as Cosmo just understands what he wants to say. It's an odd relationship, frankly, but I won't get in the middle of it. They seem to get along pretty well.

     Moon is watching the three, and absentmindedly gnawing at his nails, like a hamster.

     "So, he's just perfectly okay, and alive?" I ask my brother, flopping down onto his bed beside him.
      He laughs softly.
"I suppose. He just woke up, really. I mean, he's not alright, but he's alive." He pauses.
"I'm not sure how. He hasn't told me  anything, obviously. We'll talk to him, but it's been a long couple' weeks. We all need a break." He sounds exhausted.

     "Right, right, right."
"Soooooo," he continues trying to make conversation. 
"How are you?"
     "Oh, yeah, I'm great. Just great." I grin at him, even though my head is buzzing. "You?"
     "I'm doing fine, I guess. Good as ever." he returns.

We sit a little awkwardly, until he speaks again.
"We're both lying, aren't we?"
     "Mmhm."
             "Great. Ok."

  "We can probably fix that one."