18

Content Warning!

[Sun's pov]

     Moon is scared of fire, and purple highlighters.
     Eclipse is scared of blood.
The kids at the Daycare always seemed to think I  was scared of heights, but it isn't the altitude itself that I feared.

It was the falling.

     But now, I have Solar. When
he gets his own body, we could do anything, we can take the world. Together. For the time being, however, he will stay in my mind. It's actually quite comforting to know someone is there. Nobody else seems to understand that, but me.
      I wasn't lonely without him.
It's nice knowing he's there.

I'm sitting in the garden.
     It is beginning to snow.
I like the bite of the cold air against my skin. It feels natural and it feels real.
     Nothing feels real sometimes. But Solar is.
He's always laughing in the background.
Dead of night, beneath the snow.
     Laughing.
Sometimes I wonder if I'll die like this. Would that kill him too? Sometimes I promise myself to never go outside again.
To look after us both, of course. For his sake.
     Then I remember how much I like looking at the stars, little flecks of white in the big black ink of the evening sky.

     Sometimes I want to hear the world in static, without him laughing in the background.
Am I going crazy?
Would I even realise if I was?

Then I remember what Solar saved me for. Because I can help him. And he's all I ever needed. 

    But I forget the time I spend with the people I really love.
   He makes me forget.

I don't care what he takes away from me.
After all is finally said and done,
     I have the night sky, I have
the stars, and I have Solar.
This is it, this is perfect. This is as good as it ever gets.

And that's all I ever really needed.
No it's not.