25 - Clara and Wonnie's Day

I was staying at Kyun's house since the wedding was happening at my parent's house. Clara and Connor had already moved their stuff into Hyungwon's house. They were still at Mom and Dad's until the wedding, per Connor's request. He wanted everything to go in the "proper" order.

Hyungwon's parents had flown in from Korea and were staying at a nice hotel nearby. They said it would be better if they did not stay with him, so that everyone could have their privacy. They were in love with both Connor and Clara, and that feeling was mutual. Connor ended up staying a couple of nights with them.

Hyungwon and Clara had been taking them around the city for the past week, letting them get to know her a little bit. Up to then, they had only talked on the phone and video.

I woke up early the next morning, before Kyun did. It was Clara's wedding day and I was already exhausted. I eased out of bed so I wouldn't disturb him and went to make coffee. I checked my phone and she had texted me already. She hadn't slept and had dark circles under her eyes. She asked me to come help. I replied that I would be there around lunchtime like we had decided, and that she needed to settle down.

I put on Kyun's robe and went out on the balcony with my coffee. There was a chill in the air, but nothing too bad. It actually felt great to me and the air smelled clean and fresh. The dew was beginning to rise and the light and shadows of the dawn played against the mist, turning Kyun's backyard into some kind of ethereal realm. I sat mesmerized by the display.

Soon I was joined by an almost naked man. He had on the shorts he had slept in. His arms were wrapped around his body and he mentioned a missing robe. I pretended not to know anything about it and shrugged my purple robe clad shoulders. He shot me a look and went back inside. He came back with a hoodie and sweatpants... and coffee.

We talked for a while and watched the sun rise higher and higher in the sky, as it burned off the fog. Migrating birds were flying overhead and took a rest in some nearby trees. The neighbor's dog started barking and running in their direction and scared them away. A kitty wandered through Kyun's yard on his way to some unknown adventure. It was all so normal. I wanted this life.

"I screwed up, didn't I?"

"Yes, I think you did."

"Can I fix it?"

"I believe you can."

"How?"

"Sacrifice. You have to give up what you think you want to get what you need."

"Hmf. How are you so wise?"

"Emo boy, remember?" He winked at me.

"It sounds so simple. But it really is complicated."

"Simple is not always easy."

"You are on a roll this morning," I rolled my eyes at him as I finished off my coffee. "I am going to hit the shower. I need to get to Clara before she has a meltdown."

"I'll get in when you get done. Unless you want help... I would be happy to scrub your back." He was always ready to help.

"Thanks, but I am good." I gave him a peck and went to the shower.

I dressed in comfy clothes and took my dress to change into later. We were going to set up the "bride's room" in the bonus room. All guests were asked to enter through the back gate to enter directly into the designated area. I hung up my dress bag and set my things on the table as Connor ran over for a hug.

"Are you excited? Today is a big day!" I asked him.

"I am! I get a new daddy today!" He smiled and did a little happy dance for me. I joined him.