~Proposal~

Jungkook's POV

We have been inside the meeting room for more than 2 hours now, Me mostly listening. Management is having detailed discussion about the strategies for a new launch for the Fashion house under Jeon's & Co., I walk out the meeting room followed by Secretary Lee. She recites my schedules for rest of the day reading from her iPad.

Jungkook : "Cancel the meeting for this evening", I ask her to keep my schedule free. Taehyung wants to talk and I know Why. He wants me to travel to France with him next month. I can't leave work behind, anyway I'll be leaving for Busan this weekend which means pending work. My chain of thoughts broke when Secretary Lee asked if there's anything else to do, "That'll be all, You can leave for the day Miss Lee," since there's no more work I dismissed her for the day, she leaves after bowing.

I drove to Tae's favourite Restaurants, one of our food chains. I enter and see him waving at me. I sat in front of him and he started sulking about how bad he feels when I always cancel our plans because of work. I patiently wait for him to finish before interrupting, "Let's order first--"

Taehyung : "We are having serious discussion here and all you care about is food" he cut me off and continue whining, while the staff comes and starts serving the food he already ordered. He awkwardly smiles looking at me and then at food. I mentally chuckle at his expressions.

Jungkook : "You've been dissing on me for 15 minutes like a dramatic aunty!"

Taehyung : "Excuse me! Dramatic! me! huff... and who are you calling aunty? " he exclaimed with his mouth full of food, still stuffing more with the chopstick. "Bro, this drama saved your ass last year when you had a weird blind date chosen by Grandpa Jeon, Remember?" Of course, I vividly remember the most unwanted and uncomfortable event of my entire existence.

Jungkook : "I'd rather not talk about it", he laughs at the memory of certain incidence, "Also, I might not be able to fly to Paris with you", he stopped eating and stared at me for 5 seconds straight with his signature blank face.

Taehyung : "I knew it, So I came prepared" he passes an envelope. I open it to see a list of names including mine. I looked up at him thinking where did he get it from! while he has a smirk on his face. "That's the list of VIP's who are officially invited. I asked Secretary Lee about your next months appointments and she said you are invited to Paris fashion week but you are not going! Jeon Jungkook...! You hurt my feelings...", There he goes again. I never thought he will cross check with my secretary. His over smart ass brags about having access to the VIP guest list because he's a top model. I have no way out now.

Jungkook : "Fine...I'll go", I give up against his persistence and he pulls his collar, praising himself for the victory. Mom called again to confirm if I'm planning to cancel my visit. OK...I admit, I've been cancelling on people a lot lately due to work but this time I really want to take a break and go home.

~Busan~

The flight landed after an hour and I have been productive throughout the journey preparing a business proposal. I walk to the VIP exit and get spotted by Paparazzi. Dad arranged security at the airport to carefully escorts me to the car with a driver to take me home.

I get off the car to be welcomed by my Parents. Mom spread her arms and encircled me in a warm hug since I am always awkward with hugging first. I see my Father smiling at us and instructing the staff to take the bags inside and prepare breakfast.

Mr. Jeon : "Come on Son, let's go inside and have breakfast. We have so much to discuss" Dad said patting my shoulder and gets cut off by Mom.

Mrs. Jeon : "No need to discuss work, Our son is here for the weekend" She argues. I ask about Grandpa while we walk inside the Villa. Mom took me straight to the dining area and their I see the Head of the house sitting on his wheel chair, waiting for me on breakfast table. He extended his hand when his eyes fell on me. I ran to hold his hand like I always used to when I was a little boy.

Grand pa : "How are you Junior? Took you long enough to come and see this Old man hmm!" his exhausted voice still laced with affection as he complaints about my busy schedule, making me feel guilty.

Jungkook : "I am sorry Grandpa, I promise I'll make it up to you." I assure him and he asks me to sit beside him. We start eating and I notice, the table is full of everything I like to eat. Dad asks me about the work progress on our new Hotel but Grandpa strictly forbids us to talk about it and Mom agrees. It's funny to see how they both always team up against Dad. After breakfast I walked Grandpa to his Chamber as it's time for his medicine and some rest perhaps, he's been wide awake waiting for my arrival from early morning.

The Weekend passed in a blink. As promised, I spent time with Grandpa. We played Chess and he won most of the matches. For a 76 years old man, he's still sharp minded. We also went for fishing cause he loves it, he said 'Fishing teach you patience'. He told me why he eagerly wanted to see me, when we were on Gwangalli beach, watching the sunset. He wants me to have a companion for life. He didn't sound impatient however he said he wants to see me married, before something bad happens to him. He asked me if I have someone in my life whom I favor for marriage. I could shake my head in denial. He wants me to think about it and I agreed... even if I wasn't mentally prepared for what's coming.

~

Are you mentally prepared for what's coming next ?