~Roses~

Jungkook manoeuvred his car through the city's bustling streets in the morning light. Despite the chaos outside, his mind was elsewhere, drifting back to the previous night's events. Thoughts crossed his mind; there was a particular conversation that lingered, heavier than the rest.

Jungkook's POV

Funny.

The girl I almost confessed to, likes someone else I assume.

My heart sank when I witnessed the girl I harboured feelings for embracing Jimin, my best friend. The sight sparked a flame within me, twisting my insides. I had been on the verge of confessing my feelings, but the close interaction between the two threw me into a whirlpool of doubt and fear. The thought that she might see Jimin in a light similar to how he saw her was daunting. My emotions were a complex mix of envy, apprehension, and a silent plea for my feelings not to go unnoticed.

As far as I remember, I have always been the embodiment of composure, with my emotions securely under lock and key. The ability to maintain control in any situation had become a part of my identity, admired by those around me. However, the encounters with Kiva introduced an unprecedented challenge to my emotional fortitude. The depth of my feelings for her stirred a vulnerability within, that had never been known. This newfound weakness was both exhilarating and terrifying, as it threatened to unravel the carefully constructed balance of my life.

The thought of choosing between my cherished friendship and the burgeoning affection I feel for Kiva is haunting me. I fear the potential fallout, the possibility of fracturing a lifelong bond with my friend over my heart's desires. This internal battle brought a sense of helplessness that was foreign to him, shaking the very foundation of his self-control, I focused on parking the car aside for the valet.

As I smoothly exit the car, the valet nearby approaches with a respectful bow. With my usual cool and composed demeanour, I acknowledge the gesture with a nod, briefly lighting up his face. Handing over the keys to the valet, I walk straight to the elevator. 

Pressing the button for the 42nd floor, The ride up is swift, the digital numbers ascending rapidly until the doors open to the executive level. As I step out, my eyes are immediately drawn to a giant bouquet of deep red roses, so large it nearly obscures the reception desk behind it. The vibrant colour of the roses contrasts, drawing the eye of everyone who passes.

I move closer to inspect, but the buzz of the office fades into the background when I read the name of the sender on the card.

'Park Jimin'

Whereas I couldn't help but wonder, with a sinking feeling, if these flowers were meant for Kiva.  Jimin and I had been inseparable since childhood, our bond seemingly unbreakable, yet Kiva's arrival had introduced an unfamiliar strain. I always prided myself on supporting Jimin's choices, but couldn't shake the nagging fear that he might take her away from me.