~Le coup de foudre~

Kiva's POV

I am tapping the side table looking for my phone to stop the morning alarm from ringing. I mean, Come on! It's only 5:45 am. Successfully turning it off, I am about to take that most precious last half an hour deep sleep that will charge me for rest of the day. But my phone started buzzing. Can't complaint because the person who's calling, is my ultimate energy booster.

Kiva : "Hello! Papa!!" I exclaimed loud enough for my voice to echo in the room.

Mr. Park : "Good morning Muffin, How are you?" I was happy to hear his voice after days, he was on a business trip from last 3 weeks.

Kiva : "Muffin is fine, I missed you so much. I called you but your PA said you were in a Conference." I whine like a baby to him. I know, no matter how much I grow up into a woman, I will always be his little Kiva.

Mr. Park : "I am sorry Darling, Our European delegates are very serious clients. They've been very hospitable as well. So, In return I gave them all my time." he's working so hard even when he has delegated the position of CEO to my cousin brother. Wait! Europe! I just found out that they are in Germany. I had a conversation with my cousin the other day & he never mentioned Germany! Struggles of having a cousin, I guess!!

"Now tell me, Are you prepared for the Paris fashion week?" I nodded. I was so excited to tell him about it, turns out my cousin obviously couldn't digest the news. I wonder why all those girls drool over him, he is so annoying. 

Kiva : "Since you already know, I want you to come visit me so you can attend the show too. I've worked really hard for it Papa...please" he agrees in no time making me jump on my bed with excitement as he laughs.

Mr. Park : "Have I ever said no to you Muffin? I will definitely come. Do you need anything?" he asked because he always brings something while returning from his business trips, even if I tell him No. His has unique ways of expressing love, he call it 'little things'.

Kiva : "I wish to see you in Paris, nothing else". I have been living in Paris for the last 5 years doing what I love. But I missed living with him. Meanwhile he never asked me to come back, no matter how lonely he felt. So, I have decided to fix everything & make both of us happy.

We talked for a while, hanging up I got on with my morning routine. Nothing's difficult, until I struggled to wake Belle up for breakfast and rest of day was occupied with Passionist. The Collection is ready, we have done trials and things are good to go. Now I am just waiting for the big day, 5 days to go. Honestly, I have never been this nervous. Mr. Laurent said this show will be a turning point in my career. Nevertheless, I have a feeling this show will be a turning point of my life.

Jungkook's POV

Paris...grounded by rich aesthetics, I like it. There is something unusually attractive about this place. We landed early this morning, two days prior to the event. Taehyung is busy with his team for his fittings, while I was in the hotel room making some official phone calls. We were supposed to have lunch together but this time he cancelled on me. I was bored so I headed out with my camera. Strolling around the area the whole afternoon, I didn't realize when the weather turned cloudy as I reached the river Seine.

People who were enjoying the warmth of the sun few minutes ago were running around to shelter themselves from the unexpected downpour. I made my way to the nearest road to take a taxi back to hotel. I don't like the rain and would absolutely prefer to go back without getting wet.

I am at the side walk of the main road, sheltering myself on a porch of a French café. The smell of coffee and freshly baked bread was so inviting, I realized how hungry because I skipped lunch. I ordered and waited sitting next to the glass window with view of heavy rainfall. I am glad to be in here or would have had a rain shower.

I was busy eating but my attention diverted and eyes froze on a figure. A girl standing right outside the window her back facing me. Almost drenched, raindrops were sliding down her back, she flipped her wet hair, covering the skin beneath the thin straps of her backless dress. Taking out a silk scarf from her bag and started drying her skin. She was gently wiping the back of her neck, I couldn't help but stare at the mole on her back while her long hair flew. She reached out to feel the raindrops, waving her palm side to side. I observed every single move she made, Waiting for her to turn around. My curiosity got the best of me as I start leaning forward to take a glance at her face but at the exact moment a car stops in front of her. I saw her leaving. I couldn't see her face.

Sound of honking brought me back to earth. First thing I realized that was still having toast in my mouth, waiting to be chewed and coffee midway. I sipped immediately and ended up burning my tongue. That completely brought me back to my senses. The rain slowed down, so I got out of the café. Looking at the spot where that girl was standing a while ago, something shiny captured my eyes. A bracelet! May be she dropped it! I picked it up and saw it was a thin platinum wrist chain, carved with a series of diamonds on it and an alphabet hanging down the lock says...K.

Contemplating with my thoughts to hand it over to the Café staff or not, I decided to take it with me. The Café manager politely rejected not wanting to take responsibility of an expensive piece of accessory. I gave him my hotel's number, if in case she comes back looking for it. Reaching back to the hotel and I saw Taehyung unpacking his bags. The moment he saw me, he smirked.

Taehyung : "Looks like someone finally realized he has a life too!" He teased because I went for site seeing instead of working on my phone or laptop. He hands me a glass of red wine, clanking it with his glass he made his way to his walk-in-closet and came back with some boxes.

"These are our outfits for the main day, You should have come with me for trials it was so much fun, but all you did was work and then randomly go strolling. Dude! you didn't even answer my calls! What's with you-" He stopped midway when he realized, I am not paying attention. I was lost in thoughts while he called my name again and again. "Jungkook, you are drunk already!" he exclaimed shaking my shoulder as I come back to senses.

Jungkook : "I need some rest, See you for dinner", He nodded at my statement as I made my way out of his room, heading towards mine straight to the closet. I changed into a hoody and sweat pants and laid down on the bed to rest but couldn't...I just couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier today. The whole scenario kept playing in my head. I remembered how boldly I stared at her without even blinking. That's so unlike me. But I wish I could see her face, may be she'll reach out to me for her bracelet, may be...that's why I kept it with me?

I abruptly got up and ran to look for the pair of jeans I discarded in the laundry basket, as soon as it hit me. The bracelet was inside one of the pockets. I went back to bed laid down to rest again but ended up peering at the bracelet the whole time.

Sighing at the realization of what I was doing, turning side to side and blaming the wine for my zoned out state, I closed my eyes to get some sleep but again failed miserably.

~

Author : 'How can you miss someone without even knowing them' - Army to BTS.

I saw one IG reel and took it as an inspiration to write JK's POV in this chapter.

Love Quote : 'Her aesthetics were all sorts of stop and stare.'

A stare competition?

In The Rain Of Love (JK FF)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें