~ One Step Closer ~

Jungkook's POV

I was practicing a start-up conversation imagining her in front of me and heard Yoongi Hyung laughing from the back watching me miserably failing even to say 'Hi' to her. I miss Jimin, I wish lover boy was here. Women are his area of expertise. I should have learned some flirting skills from Jimin.

Jungkook: "I look like a fool. Hyung, She's going to think I am a weirdo." I whine in frustration. I felt better after opening up about my feelings to Yoongi hyung and he encouraged me to approach her.

Yoongi: "Jeon Jungkook! Don't think like that. I mean...you are being weird but stop thinking about it." he throws some sarcasm while scrolling his phone.

Jungkook: "Thanks, That makes me feel so much better." I sighed trying to return the sarcasm giving him a side eye and then going back to fix my tie looking in the mirror. If not work I have never really had an actual conversation with her, He was disappointed when I told him that.

Yoongi: "We are in 2022 and you are giving me Seoul 1970 vibe, What's wrong with you?" he spats more sarcasm in my face which is not really helping my situation.

"You are Jeon Jungkook, The CEO of Jeon's empire. What are you even scared of?" he's right though Why am I behaving like an old-school admirer all of a sudden? It's not that I'm underconfident. I just wanna get to know her slowly so that when she's comfortable around me I'll tell her that I like her. I remember that night at the art exhibition, I directly went near her without thinking and she ran away from me. I don't want to invade her comfort zone again. Hyung even suggested running a background check on her, but I declined the idea thinking it would be inappropriate.

"Why don't you ask her to have lunch with you?" He suggested. I was thinking about all kinds of excuses to talk to her. And this is the perfect excuse so far. I hope it works.

~

So here I am. Impatiently waiting for her to arrive, It's almost time now.

I'm here waiting outside the Building, Coming to work earlier than my time has become a part of my daily routine because she always comes early. But I still have not been able to come up with the courage to approach her. What will I say? What if she's not interested in talking to me? How will she react if I tell her what I feel for her? What if she rejected? All the negativity and doubts that are encircling my mind and stopping me from getting close to her, I'll have them all answered once I get to talk to her causally.

My feet starts moving on their own the moment my eyes caught her walking toward the entrance. She enters the building and holds the door open for people who were right behind her. Giving morning wishes and a killer smile, she walked past the check-in area, I internally smiled at her sweet gestures and entered the elevator behind her. She didn't look up from her phone yet, So I cleared my throat to get her attention. She looked up at me making me lose my mind over those hazel eyes. They had me captivated once again which led her to exchange words before I could.

Kiva: "Good morning, Mr. Jeon." Her dulcet tone hit my eardrums and reached right to my cerebral nerves creating a soothing effect, my whole mental tension washed away hearing her voice.

Jungkook: "Morning, Ms. Park." How much I wish to call her first name, it almost rolled off of my tongue. The elevator stopped, I got off after her and she made her way toward the workshop. I was about to ask her out for lunch yet again she beat me to it.