[ 52 ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
- MY SUN, MY LIGHT -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

(SUNGHOON POV)

It was definitely about two weeks later. I looked at her and she looked at me. She smiled, which made me feel butterflies in my stomach. It took so long for me to see that beautiful smile of hers again.

I was glad. Glad she's awake.

She recovered well. She is eating, drinking and slowly learning to walk. Only the doctor said it may take months before she can do everything again like she did before.

We were still at the hospital. Jiwoo was not yet physically strong enough to leave this area. It hurt, but that's just the way it is.

"Here," I said as I handed her a balloon I had bought earlier on the first floor.

She took it and looked at it intently with a wide smile on her face.

A balloon, in the shape of a sun. She is my sun. My ray of sunshine that gives my life a light. Beautiful. Irresistibly beautiful.

"Thank you!" Jiwoo said in a high-pitched squeaky voice. She smiled with her teeth bared and reached out to give me a hug, which I accepted without hesitation. "How incredibly sweet of you!" She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I couldn't do anything but grin like an idiot and look at the little glint in her eyes. They were budding tears. Tears of joy.

Quickly I wiped away the wet bits beside her eyes. "Don't cry," I said. She giggled.

"Thank you, for the balloon, for everything." Jiwoo said gratefully. "What would I do without you."

I said nothing. All I could do was listen, watch and breathe.

Jiwoo's smile faded away when she saw a doctor walk in. She hates doctors, who spend days telling her what to do.

It was purely the fact that she only had news of how she was able, examinations or other "stupid things" to put it that way. She always tells me she wants visitors, wants to see friends.

She misses Jake. I get it. He was her best friend. He had become my best friend. Now we've lost him. Both in real life, and in our hearts.

On the nightstand next to her hospital bed are photos framed in a modern, matte black frame. A picture of her brother, a picture of me and her, and a picture of her and Jake.

Every time I stare at that photo of her and Jake, my heart breaks in two.

"I have news," The doctor said, holding a paper in her hand.

Jiwoo rolled her eyes. "I don't want to know."

I quickly grabbed her hand and rubbed my thumb across her palm. Immediately she relaxed her body. I reassured her.

"Just tell her," I said.

The doctor handed the papers to me. "She can go home."

Jiwoo and I both shot up. Our backs instantly became as straight as a wooden plank.

"Seriously?" Jiwoo said shocked.

The doctor nodded. "Only you have to be in a wheelchair, rehab and sometimes come to the hospital for tests. After the last examinations, you're doing pretty well and that's why we decided you can be released."

I saw her eyes sparkle. "I can go home!" She cried happily. "Finally!"

My head turned toward the direction where the doctor stood. "Thank you," I said politely, to which she smiled kindly.

"I wish you much strength together."