Chapter 14: Possession

"These worldly possessionsI don't need none of themYou don't deserve me (No, no, no, no)Someone could come love me"

I don't need none of them
You don't deserve me (No, no, no, no)
Someone could come love me"

Fue Major - Kali Uchis ft Sza

🧿

Leila woke up grateful to be alive for the first time in her life.

It meant she had another day to continue to fulfill her purpose. Another chance to break the curse.

Another day to read. To eat. To taste the finest of wines. To look out into the ocean and feel its power pulsing in her veins.

It was overwhelming, to know of most the intricacies of the curse, simply because Taehyung felt it unimportant enough to let her know. That if she were killed by someone's hand that was not the prince, everyone would have to wait a hundred more years for a daughter of the moon to be born. A hundred years for another opportunity at salvation.

She still did not know the origin of the curse, or just exactly why the whole of this kingdom found security in darkness. Why they apparently thrived in it.

How Taehyung demanded her well-being, even though her death by a court member would result in peace for his kingdom. In order for him to have made this decision, it would've meant he needed her alive for his own critical purpose.

She wasn't sure what petrified her more. That most people here wanted her dead.

Or that Taehyung needed her to be alive.

But Leila felt the answers coming, as far away as they. They were a word she couldn't find at the tip of her tongue, begging to be let out.

She had told the prince yesterday that she did not care the time it would take to burn it all down. That she would never give up. For some reason, it seemed that the prince did not mind her declarations. But instead, wished to spur them on.

The way Leila felt as he stared at her in the presence of open flame, made her wonder if she truly could endure the time it would take to pry the secrets from his pretty mouth. If she in turn, would lose some of her self in him. As he mocked her attractions to him, a joke on wicked tongue.

While he found her powerful, she doubted he saw her as charming. Which is what she needed to get all that she wanted out of him.

Leila banished the thoughts readying herself in her dressing mirror. Today, she would have another lesson with the prince about their history. So of course, she pulled out a red, silky dress that would hug along her waist.