Chapter 16: Desire

"Phantom fingertipsBrush against my skinShaking with desireThinking boutwhat if?"

"Phantom fingertips
Brush against my skin
Shaking with desire
Thinking bout
what if?"

Don't Wanna Say - Lauren Jauregui

Spice - o - meter: 🌶️ kinda. Lol.

🥂

Where cowardice thrived, sheer impulsivity would make up for it.

And two glasses of the finest merlot she'd smuggled from her reserves.

"Let's go to our impatient prince, shall we?" Jimin rolled his eyes, holding out his arm for her.

He had just finished tying up her dress for the evening. It was a new piece she had acquired from their castle, and very much unlike the dressings of their territory. It had a very classic corset style bodice of the purest white. Sleeves puffy and skirts loose around her legs.
Pearls decorated the entire piece, silver weaved in, reminding her of the ocean and the set of the moon above it. It shown bright against the glow of her skin, almost a haze of light around her. Eyes glittering with anxiousness and unknown, lined with kohl. Making the silver stand out like the irises of a wolf, dipping into a frost bitten lake.

Ethereal. Unreal. Goddess like.

Finally, she felt what others saw.

Otherworldly.

Leila hesitated, biting the inside of her cheek. As much as she wanted to leave, she couldn't get her feet to actually move with her. Stuck to what she was known as, the pariah in her far off chambers. Once people thought of a person in one way for too long, it was hard to break from it. Because no matter how different she became, they would still hold on to that old image of her. The princess in her tower.

"Hmm, or maybe we can stay up here? Have the night to ourselves." The advisor muttered suggestively, his lips curling at the side. Deviance in his dark, crescent eyes hidden beneath the delicate angles of his ivory face.

Leila smiled ferociously back, warning in her eyes as she grabbed so harshly onto his arm, he let out a yelp, "Don't worry, you'll find a nice, much more interested girl to fill your evening. Like Setareh. Now let's move along."

The man shook his head, eyes flattening, "You wound me, dear sacrifice."

The twenty-two year old rolled her eyes at his dramatics. Always a flirt, and never serious. They walked out of her room, hearing chatter at the bottom of the palace steps. She rolled back her shoulders, using Jimin's arm a little much more than usual due to her dalliance with wine. He decided to drop his hand to her waist, the other holding her arm.