Chapter 15: Not a Woman, But a God

"I am not a woman, I'm a GodI am not a martyr, I'm a problemI am not a legend, I'm a fraudSo keep your heart, 'cause I already got one"

I am not a martyr, I'm a problem
I am not a legend, I'm a fraud
So keep your heart, 'cause I already got one"

I am not a woman I'm a God -Halsey

🎭

The princess fled to the garden outside before they departed for their journey. Sunken in on herself, resting her hands on her knees at she peered at the spring of Lunetta against the mottled leaves and roots of the large tree above it.

Bright burst of purple, so proud against the endless grays of the landscape. Even in endless night, they were bright. Unafraid to survive, even when they were faced with all odds.

I need to be unafraid too.

She needed to face her family. Her elders. Her peers. All the people she had thought she'd known, but never truly did.

To look them in the eyes after all of their deceit, would be the most frightening thing she'd ever done.

Her gaze traveled, peering at the large obsidian castle to her left side. Once a daunting sight, and now she wished to run back inside her cage and never open once again.

How strange.

"Ready to leave?" Sounded a voice from behind her.

The advisor already sounded like he was in a pissy mood.

Leila rolled her eyes, discreetly ripping out some of the purple flower from its resting place, and plunging it into her cloak pocket. A good luck charm of sorts.

"Yes." She answered back lowly.

The princess stepped into the carriage, jolting when she saw the prince already inside. The girl tried to hide her shock, but did not succeed according to the amused smirk that rested on the man's face.

She cleared her throat, fixing her skirts so she could sit more comfortably. The princess swore she felt the burn of his stare, but when she looked up, the raven haired man was closing the door after Jimin, who had situated himself next to her.

When Taehyung had locked the carriage door turning forward, his gaze narrowed on the advisor. Jimin returned to glare with a smirk of his own, moving around so that his open thighs touched the edge of her skirts.

For two friends, they seemed to be always at odds.

It was silent, as a yell spurred the horses into action. The three of them shook, the movement causing Leila to place her hand onto Jimin's thigh so she didn't lurch forward. The prince's eyes followed her hand, his face suddenly void of expression. Then turned to look out the window.

The princess found her cheeks burning, as her husband seemed to not mind the touch. She ripped her hand away from Jimin's thigh, avoiding his eyes. She did not want to see the mirth in his eyes at her accidental touch. She would not be playing that losing game of jealousy anymore. Not when the prince was not afflicted.