Chapter 31: Shameless

"There's just inches in between usI want you to give in,There is tension in between usI just wanna give inAnd I don't care if I'm forgiven

I want you to give in,
There is tension in between us
I just wanna give in
And I don't care if I'm forgiven."

Shameless - Camila Cabello

Spice -o- meter: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️ i think. Correct me if I'm wrong lol. U all might need tik tok breaks. I tried so hard to get this out before Ramadan IM SORRY 💕💕💕

🛁

Leila's boldness caught in her throat, a fly in a web.

I missed gazing upon your face. I missed the timbre of your voice. I miss your teasing, your promptitude.

Often, she had little choice over what her heart felt now that it was loosened from it's cage. The only thing she felt in charge of, her cunning words. The princess would not reveal herself, whatever might be blossoming in her heart first. She had done so before he kissed her, and she would do it no longer. The thought of letting him know her feelings now ran deeper turned her to something withered, and unlike herself.

She let a chill seep into her as she crossed her hands politely over her skirts, "It's much more impolite to go and swim instead of report back to your wife. But alas, I'm glad to see you back. I have much to tell you."

Waiting for his reply sent her heart pounding in her chest. She witnessed his slight smirk from his profile as he regarded her words. It only increased tenfold as the prince turned around, chest shining as he used his quiet strength to lift himself out of the pool.

Leila couldn't help it, almost squeaking as he stalked forward. A panther, prowling with his taunting mouth showing his teeth. She couldn't think, couldn't breathe as he paused right before her. Soaked, rivulets of water flowing over his bronze body. Each path of water running over places she wished to run her tongue. Dripping, dripping, all the way down to the low line of his swimming clothes. The hem outlining his narrow hip, his navel where then the water disappeared.

She knew she had been caught, when her traitorous gaze flickered back up to his own and found him to be prideful under her scrutiny. A playful glint edged around the almost apprehensive emotion that passed over his face.

His lips moved smoothly, licking at the water that fell onto them from the stark black of his wet hair, "So cold, Ignis. That's all you have to say after being apart for so long? And to think you might've dreamt about me. Counted down the hours for my return. Maybe even shed a few tears in my absence. Slept in my bed?"

Leila tried to ignore the scent of hope in his words. Not yet. To say he was distracting would be an...understatement.

But they needed to talk before he attempted to seduce her. Which was working, as he eyed her through locks of his raven hair with an intensity that catapulted through her.