Chapter 39: Come Alive in the Night

"Fuck looking for loveI'ma stay doing what us bitches do bestFlip a switch on a prick and ICome alive in the nighttime"Flip a Switch - Raye

I'ma stay doing what us bitches do best
Flip a switch on a prick and I
Come alive in the nighttime"
Flip a Switch - Raye

(Another Leila theme song so listen for bad bitch vibes this chapter. Also this book is "three" parts if you go back and look at the first chapter and the 22nd. I just added it ;))

Spice-O-Meter: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️(i had to keep coming back and adding more lmfao)

Part III. A Tale of Night, Sun, & the Witch

🌹

The next month of spring was suckled from the vestiges of Winter. Barricaded iciness was swept away with a sweet wind and carried by a romantic swell.

They allowed themselves a month of reprieve.

A measly, fickle month of the flesh.

They used every last moment like ambrosia. Taking and consuming each other like the last drops of wine from an oak-aged barrel.

A month. Carried in with the tide of promising, the shore of tomorrow. To engorge on each other, to get rid of the initial pull of their desires. To clear their heads of their wants, in order to face their adversaries head on. Darkness loomed, and instead of fighting it in droves, they bathed in moonlight and forget-me-nots.

A month. They promised. They prayed. They hoped and battled. They gasped between stolen breaths and red paths scratched through skin.

It wasn't enough.

It was peppered with kisses of the lightest forgiving. In which apologies swept past Leila's lips and onto that of the Prince. He received them, and offered back words and touches of tenfold.

The prince had been forgiven. Leila couldn't refuse his genuine remorse, as he traced them onto every part of her body. Through late nights of tears, and more often laughter filled embraces. They stayed in their private quarters, away from everyone. Official duties and hunts canceled as she allowed him to feed from her to sustain everyone else, in between pit-less regrets and sorrows. They talked about how cruel he had been. They talked about how Leila showed even less mercy in return. They talked of their favorite flowers, their favorite colors in descending order, human food Leila thought to be as appetizing as he found her blood to be. Spoke of what it meant to live in world that wished to be brought to light. Why the prince took the eyes of that man who looked at her, and why no one had batted an eye. Pomegranate under his touch, he bled her until she would bend under his touch. Begging for more, more. The prince only allowing the silver ichor to fill his mouth because it kept everyone else away from their midnight and crowned chambers.