Chapter 30: Void in My Soul

"There's something in my mirrorAnd it lacks a soulIt whispers in my ear "You're all alone"Raising the stakesTo fill a voidRan out of spaceAnd out of choice"

And it lacks a soul
It whispers in my ear "You're all alone"
Raising the stakes
To fill a void
Ran out of space
And out of choice"

Point of No Return - Lana Lubany
(this is jimin's character theme song so listen PLZ!!)

🌌

Jimin

Jimin's mind, his soul, thrived in chaos.

That is why the last week before spring felt unsettling. An end to death. The beginning of new life.

Time was running out, but he had learned to be patient.

Ever since he was a child something never felt quite right. His low birth, his standing in the court. His neglectful parents, Clarisse the servant and a dutiful chef. Whom died when he was the mere age of 12 years old.

And Jimin, who had been graced with the splendor of shadows.

It happened a night after a fight with a servent boy. He'd spilled some of his blood. And he was angry. So angry, a scream had ripped through his body, filling the room and waking his sister.

That's when he's become blind. The entire room seeping with a darkness so thick, it seemed to wrap around him.

When he'd mentioned this to the woman who had raised him, she had paled. Knowing only one other person who had that gift in her bloodline.

The one who taught him how to control it.

His tutor he thought to be very strange. An arrangement that made little sense, and yet all the sense in the world. Now, at least.

Even with this great power, this marvelous feat he was nothing. And he had been genuinely grateful for his life. Grateful to be the prince's lap dog. His friend. His shadow. Tampering down at any bitterness that threatened to rise to the surface.

Out of love. Out of loyalty.

Before, none of his life made sense.

I owe Solis everything.

Because after the night he was visited by the deity, everything changed. Jimin realized that his own fealty towards his friends, his family made him weak. Docile. Unsuspecting.

Pitiful. A waste of something that could be great.

It had been cathartic, a breaking of a wall. That allowed him to feel all the terrible things he'd pushed away all the years before. That he had been right to believe there was more to life than his servitude.