Chapter 28: The Summoning

"You've got my body, flesh and boneThe sky above, the Earth belowOh, and my loveDid I mistake you for a sign from GodOr are you really here to cut me offOr maybe just to turn me on"

The sky above, the Earth below
Oh, and my love
Did I mistake you for a sign from God
Or are you really here to cut me off
Or maybe just to turn me on"

The Summoning - Sleep Token

Spice - O - Meter: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️ (refer to the gif and the image at the top of the chapter I promise you won't regret it aowklakejajejej)

(Jk omfg after writing it...it's a fucking true 7)

🧎‍♀️

We were back to pretending.

A new meeting was to be adjourned. Leila was once told that the nobles came once a month, but it seemed like their stays were becoming longer and more frequent.

It left Taehyung and Leila with less privacy. The curtains to the stage never closing, the audience never leaving their seats. Them staying meant they believed his rulership needed assistance. A bad sign.

So it was time to call upon the favor Leila asked of Taehyung.

Lily seemed exuberant in her reverence at being invited to be a lady in waiting. Aera had stiffly accepted the position, though Leila wondered if she imagined the brief grateful expression that was sent her way. It turned to scornful when they told her she'd have to vote in favor for Leila.

And now all the male nobles, the three women, and the prince all sat uncomfortably in the throne room. A table placed in front of Taehyung's large throne, since the council room's furniture could not hold the crowd.

Leila ignored the suspicious daggers being sent from Aera and Yoongi. Lily giggled loudly, trying to hide her excitement behind her hand. Jimin rolled his eyes, kicking back in his chair to rest his feet on the table. Jin, Namjoon, and Hoseok looked startled but not angered by the new additions. Just thoroughly...confused.

When her gaze passed over Jeongguk, the man gave her a slight nod. A brief show of acceptance that further fortified the prince's rendition of their talk.

One possible adversary extinguished. And the rest sat around her, with open eyes and much more disguised motives.

Today they would talk about something that sent her into a nervous frenzy. Her sister, and if she were allowed to remain in their territory.

The prince stood, stealing Leila's breath with him. Everyone focused on the prince now, sucked into his demanding aura.

He looked delectable.

After keeping from him for a few days, it was like looking at him with new eyes. The same beautifully carved face, straight nose, curved lips. The same tousled black, waved hair and dark eyes. But his clothes were impeccably close to his skin. Showing lithe muscles, his height. Leila was doused with his scent, a new silver earring dangled next to his bronzed neck. His cheekbones seemed more harsh in contrast to the darkness of his uniform, the exquisite jacket that was threaded with goldens suns, stars, and the bursting moon. The same commanding, yet somehow eased expression. Because he knew his power, his influence.