Chapter 38: The Tradition

"Take what you want, take what you canTake what you please, don't give a damnAsk for forgiveness, never permissionTake what you want, take what you canTake what you please, don't give a damnIt's in the blood and this is tradition

Take what you please, don't give a damn
Ask for forgiveness, never permission
Take what you want, take what you can
Take what you please, don't give a damn
It's in the blood and this is tradition

The Tradition - Halsey

🗻

There is darkness. I only know darkness.

My chest is bleeding, from the dagger, from loss.

Come find me, Ignis come find me.

My love is gone.

Where is he? I cannot find him. Where is-

Taehyung.

Leila's eyes fly open, grasping through darkness. Her whimpers mix with cries as she clings onto the warm body next to her. Feeling for wounds, and finding only the smooth expanse of unmarked chest. Sobs wrack through the air as the prince, alive, rustles out of his sleep.

Thank the gods.

The prince is all blue lines, barely visible to her as the moon outside was shaded by cloud. She gripped onto him tightly, her hands gnarled though they were unbroken. Sorina. Another wave of nausea rolled through her stomach as she clung to him tighter. Taehyung cooed to her, rocking her body with his and holding the back of her head as he attempted to calm her. He held out his hand, lighting a few candles above her bed. Leila tried to slow her breaths, even as she hiccupped through them. Blood, so much blood.

She felt Sorina's heartbreak. Over and over again.

Maybe not enough.

The prince held her tighter to his chest, lifting the satin comforter over them. Trying his best to get her to stop shaking. But she could not stop, her teeth chattering so harshly she was sure they would crack. When her sobs began to quiet the prince pulled back, just enough to brush away the hair stuck to her wet cheeks.

His face drew tight with concern, "Tell me what is wrong. Are you alright Ignis? Are you hurt?"

"I had a vision Taehyung, another one. I saw the night of the massacre. I saw everything." More sobs tore her body apart, and to the prince's credit, he kept his expression light. Though she saw the twinge of emotion even in the night.

The prince lifted a brow, acting as if she saw was not the key to ending his torment after two years of agony, "Ah, and to think you were waking me up because you couldn't wait to have me again."