•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻•

Emi POVI sat with my back against the cold brick wall, my mind still processing the events that occurred 30 minutes ago

Emi POV
I sat with my back against the cold brick wall, my mind still processing the events that occurred 30 minutes ago. I bring my hand to my neck, my fingers barely grazing over it.

Who was that man? I've never seen him around my mother, and yet it seems he works for her.

I lean my head back against the wall. I let my guard down, and I shouldn't have. Why did I think even for a second it was ok to do that? I run my hand through my hair and the rose the man gave me falls into my lap. I pick it up and crush it between my fingers.

"Emi!" My head snaps up, seeing Sorin walking over to me. His cheeks were a light pink and his hair was messy, I giggled at the sight of my drunk friend.

"How much did you drink?" I questioned, standing up and dusting myself off. Sorin laughed and wrapped an arm around me

"I only had like...I think um...two drinks.." He giggled while holding up five fingers. I laugh at him and shake my head.

"You're so drunk," I smile, removing his arm from around me and playfully shoving him.

"I am so not," He slurred, losing his balance but quickly catching himself.

A strong breeze blew, causing me to wrap my arms around myself. Sorin took notice of this and in his drunken state, tried to take his jacket off.

"Stupid...piece of clothing...come off," he whined as he tugged and pulled at his jacket. I bite back a laugh as I watch him fight with his jacket. After a minute, he managed to get the jacket off and handed it to me.

"What a gentleman, I mean it only took you five years to give it to me," I joke as I slip it on. Sorin's scent filled my nose and a warm smile spread across my face. I took the rose that was still in my hand and shoved it into his pocket

"You shut it, you try getting a coat off while drunk," he mumbled while crossing his arms.

"So you admit you're drunk," I raise an eyebrow at him. Sorin narrows his eyes while pressing his lips into a thin line.

"No?" He finally answered. I laugh and walk up to him, removing some of his hair from his sweaty face. Sorin grinned a drunk grin while looking into my eyes. I smiled back, before letting a sigh slip past my lips and backing away. "What's wrong?"

I glance at him, "Nothing. Why would you think something is wrong?"

Sorin frowned, and the drunken state he was in only moments ago, seemed to disappear. He was serious now as he stared at me with worry. "Don't play dumb with me Emi, you've been tensed since I got up here"

I shake my head waving him off, "I'm fine-"

"Bullshit." He cuts me off, staring at me with an irritated expression. "You know, since we got here, you've been more shut off with your feelings, since when do we not tell each other things"