•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆•

Sorin POVI sat alone on the roof, my head leaned back as I stared up at the night sky

Sorin POV
I sat alone on the roof, my head leaned back as I stared up at the night sky. I left Emi's room an hour ago, but I couldn't go out her door, knowing Alessandro would most likely be around the house looking for me—instead I decided to chill on the roof for a bit.

The stars were visible tonight, and a crescent moon sat staring down at me.

My mind went over what Emi said, I had a feeling she wasn't gonna do it, but I had doubts, I had some hope that she would. To say I wasn't scared for her would be a lie, I was terrified for her. She was going against her mother, the first time she ever did that was her last.

I'm sure we were gonna tell Mila once we were all alone again. I don't know how Emi was going to do this, the only way I can think of her disobeying her mother without getting punished, is for her to kill Nadia, and I'm not sure if Emi would do that.

Even though Nadia abused her mentally and physically, Emi would never kill her, unlike Mila, Emi is secretly still clinging onto some hope that her mother loves her. I wish she didn't and would just realize that women does not love her.

The feeling of my pocket buzzing pulls me from my thoughts. I pull my phone out and look at the caller ID, seeing that it was Ivan.

Oh shit...Ivan.

For a moment I thought about declining the call, but then he'd know that I hung up. I sigh before answer the phone.

"Hey," He answers.

"Yo, haven't heard from you in awhile," I said.

"Well if you'd call maybe you would," He replies, a hint of attitude in his tone.

"Don't get smart Ivan, one click and I can end this conversation," I snap back.

I hear him scoff. "I'm just checking up on you and Emi, how's the mission going? Actually, why's it taking so long?"

I pause, I could lie to him, or tell him the truth...or I could do a bit a both—a bit of both sounds good.

"The jobs going alright, it's taking forever because this guy has some serious trust issues, he's being cautious with Emi," I explain.

Ivan hums in response." Are you sure you two don't need me down there?"

"No!" I asked quickly, too quickly. "I mean nah, we got this, you just stay there and keep an eye on Nadia,"

He sighs "Fine...is Emi around? I wanna speak to her, she hasn't been replying to my text or calls,"

I bite the inside of my cheek. Damn it Emi. Ivan is my good friend, and I don't like lying to my friends, but when it comes to Emi I'd lie to anyone for her, as she would do the same for me.

"I'm not around her, but give her time, she's got her hands full with this mission," I said.

"Alright," He mumbles quietly.