Unexpected (And Terrifying) Visitor

Zira's P.O.V.

I watched the duo with interest and intrigue. I've never seen these two before. Are they from Earth, or did they just arrive off-world? The rest of the party members also took notice of the crew and started to surround them, speaking excitedly. Without even noticing my feet were moving, I walked towards them myself. 

"So, you're Vegeta's friends then? It's nice to meet ya!" Krillin stated. "I wasn't expecting more people to arrive, but hey, the more the merrier right?" Yamcha added with a laugh, giving the sphynx cat's back a rough pat. The cat man winced, ears twitching slightly before clearing his throat. "I suppose so." he said kinda gruffly, seemingly trying to brush off the pat. While everyone spoke to the two, I took this moment to glance at Vegeta. 

He looked incredibly tense. His eyes were filled with utter nervousness, and he struggled to keep his arms from trembling. The whole time, he kept his eyes on the two newcomers. Honestly, it made me nervous as well. This was not like Vegeta at all. Why was he so scared of these guys? As far as I had known, nothing scares him. Something is going on here. 

I immediately walked over to Vegeta, eyeing him seriously.

"Vegeta, what's going on?" I asked. Vegeta flinched, looking over at me. "Huh? What are you-"

"Don't even try to deny it. These two obviously make you very nervous. Just who are they?" I whispered, making sure only he could hear. Vegeta narrowed his eyes, realizing I couldn't be fooled. He gave a small defeated sigh before looking at the two again. "I'm not scared of both of them....I'm scared of that purple cat, specifically." he stated in a low tone. I again glanced at the cat man, examining him closely. He did rather....different. And I don't just mean because he wasn't human. His stance was tall and prideful, crossing his arms across his chest. He bore a sly smirk, looking around with ownership, as if he believed he owned this party. 

"Who is he?" I asked. Vegeta clenched his teeth, his hand forming a fist.

"That....is Lord Beerus. A god of destruction." he stated. My eyes widened, looking at him in shock. Did he say that right? "A....a what? A god of destruction?" I asked, now feeling more nervous myself. "That's right. He's known to destroy planets on a whim, based on whatever he feels. Just the smallest things that displease him is enough motivation for him to destroy a whole planet without hesitation!" Vegeta stated. 

"What?! But then," I glanced back at the god in confusion, "I don't understand. Why is he here then?" 

"Your guess is as good as mine. But while he's here, we need to keep him happy. If not, he could destroy Earth." Vegeta stated seriously. "If this is the case, shouldn't we have Goku on stand by? If Beerus does attack-"

"Kakarot already tried. Apparently Beerus went to North Kai's planet first, and found Goku....he took him down in two hits." I gasped, only further shocked by this information. This Beerus....really took down Goku so easily?! But Goku was undoubtly Earth's strongest warrior! If he could do that....then we're really on our own. 

I inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to relax. I once more looked to Beerus. I need to see....I narrowed my eyes, feeling the slight sensation on my eyes. With this, everyone's souls started to come into my vision, revealing the light they held. I needed to see....if Beerus has any light in his soul, then maybe there's a way to stay on his good side. Maybe he'd be more merciful than Vegeta suggested. 

It only took a few moments for Beerus's soul to finally start to emerge from his body, making my eyes widen. The first thing I saw was darkness. It took the form of a strange, ominous black smog, enveloping his soul entirely. However, his core was much different. Behind all that smog was a burning core of light, peeking through the cracks of the darkness. It's as if the darkness attempted to keep the light inside, but the light was just too bright....I physically relaxed, a small smile appearing on my face.

"I think we'll be okay." Vegeta gave me a surprised expression.

"W-What? What are you talking about- '

"Hey guys! Who's hungry?!" Vegeta and I turned back to the crowd. Krillin once again reappeared, holding a dish of what looked like takoyaki. I had heard of it before, but never tried it myself. Beerus tilted his head, leaning in to smell the small Japanese treats. "What's this?" he asked. The man beside him, who I assumed was his servant, also gave curious expression. "I don't believe I've ever heard of this before." he replied. 

"It's part of a special party game! Let's go Jackie Oh! The way it works is that most of these are filled with delicious octopus, but one has wasabi instead. You won't know which one has it until you bite down yourself! It's your gamble to take!" Krillin explained. "Crap! If Lord Beerus eats the wasabi one, he'll get pissed for sure!" Vegeta stated nervously. He quickly walked towards them, glaring at Krillin.

"Oh don't play your childish games!" he growled. Krillin raised a brow, giving a slightly annoyed look. 

"Okay, who ordered the party pooper?" he said. "Yes, no one likes a pooper of parties." Beerus added, giving Vegeta a dark glare, as if daring him to argue. The Saiyan prince flinched, only able to nervously laugh it off as he backed away. I myself smiled, and walked towards the group. "It's okay, Vegeta, it's just a game." I replied. Vegeta looked at me shocked, as if I was talking crazy. However I only gave him a smile of reassurance before looking back at the god of destruction.

"If you'd like, you're free to go first, sir. However I should warn you, wasabi is very, very spicy. So you should choose wisely." I replied. Beerus looked at me curiously, eyes narrowing before giving a small smirk. 

"Very well, I'll take your warning into consideration. I must admit, I find the roulette component of this game fascinating, and the display is quite pleasing." he replied. "Indeed, and that drizzling reminds me of the ultra sweet black fruit sauce on planet Bona. But the smell is an entirely different matter." the tall man added. Beerus took one of the small toothpicks, picked up one of the pieces....and ate it whole in one bite. 

Vegeta stiffened, bracing himself for the worst. Yamcha looked at him surprised.

"Wow, he's willing to go first? Gotta say, he must know how to party." he stated. Beerus remained silent for a moment, slowly chewing the tasty treat. Then his eyes suddenly widened, almost bulging out of his head. Vegeta gasped silently, his expression quickly turning terrified. However, I only smiled as Beerus dropped the tooth pick. 

One sec passes...

Two seconds....

"IT'S GREEEAAAAAAAT!!!" 

Vegeta blinked, confused by his sudden outburst. Beerus smiled wide as he licked his lips. "The inside was warm and fluffy, together with the delecible octopus as well completes an amazing balance of flavors! I've never had anything quite like this in years!" he stated happily. The tall man helped himself to a takoyaki, humming in satisfaction.

"I agree. It's quite incredible." he stated. Soon, everyone began to help themselves to a piece. I did the same, taking a small piece and popping it into my mouth. I hummed a little as the flavor exploded in my mouth. It wasn't long before Krillin had one himself, making him cry out in pain as let out a breath of fire. Everyone laughed, amused by these events. I looked to Vegeta, who looked mentally exhausted as he sat on the ground.

I walked towards him and gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's alright, Vegeta. Everything will be okay." I stated. His expression was beyond disbelief, his arms still trembling slightly. "How....how can you say that? With everything I just told you! Zira, you don't understand-"

"No, I understand. But trust me on this....I'll make sure Beerus doesn't do anything harmful." I stated. Watching in confusion, Vegeta just stared at me as I walked towards the god of destruction, deciding I wanted to speak with him for a little while.