Battle for Earth Pt 2

Zira's P.O.V.

All of us watched in shock as Gohan started to lean back, falling towards the ground. Piccolo reacted first, zooming into the sky to catch him in his arms. Immediately, he brought him back, laying him down carefully onto the ground.

"Gohan! Hang in there...." Piccolo stated, fear and desparation lacing his tone. I stood there in horror, unable to take my eyes away from the gaping hole in Gohan's chest. Why did he volunteer to fight that warrior?! He could've gotten killed! Dammit....why didn't I volunteer instead? Vague memories started to reappear in my mind, just vivid enough for me to remember what happened. The blood, the screams, the bodies....I didn't even realize my body was trembling violently. 

"Tagoma, what has gotten into you?!" I was snapped out of my trance by the loud voice, looking over to see Frieza's commander yelling at the warrior called Tagoma. 

"Isn't it obvious, sir? I initiated a surprise blow to eliminate the enemy as efficiently as possible. and guarantee victory." he replied. There didn't seem to be a single bit of remorse in his tone for killing his own colleague. "You took our best warrior too! How could you be so reckless?!" the commander snapped. Tagoma gave him a dark glare at the comment, making the commander shut up immediately. He apparently also caught Frieza's attention, causing the tyrant to glance at him curiously. 

"This is bad....his heart isn't beating," I looked back at Krillin, surprised by his words, "I don't think he can even eat a senzu bean." he stated fearfully. For a moment, everyone just stared at the half-Saiyan, sharing expressions of helplessness. My own heart started to sink into my stomach. Does that mean Gohan is....?

Once again, Piccolo was the first to react. He charged a small energy ball into his hand and placed it on Gohan's chest, shocking his body. This seemed to work almost immediately, as Gohan once again started to breathe short ragged breathes, desparately trying to breathe. Immediately Krillin gave him a senzu bean, and within a few short moments the hole in his chest disappeared. I let out a sigh of relief.

"....after countless regenerations, I finally understood true power was ruthlessness."

I again looked back to the the warrior Tagoma, not realizing he was speaking this entire time, although albiet not at us. However, whatever he was saying must've given him special motivation, because now he gave us an incredibly dark look, with a wide, cruel grin spreading across his face. Even the commander seemed disturbed as he gave an eager chuckle.

"Frieza, my lord, if I dispose of these pathetic beings, will you appoint me as your commander? Your right hand man?" he asked. Frieza's smile widened slightly at his eagerness.

"But of course. Kill them all and I'll reward you with any planet of your choosing, perhaps even a small galaxy." the tyrant stated, giving a short laugh afterwards. "Excellent, Lord Frieza....thank you." my eyes widened as the alien started to float towards us. I could feel his power energy flow around and in him, making my eyes narrow. This man was a lot stronger than the red warrior, and definitely stronger than anyone here. The only ones who might stand a chance were Goku and Vegeta, but they weren't here. I don't understand what Lord Frieza did to taint this man was such a dark heart....but either way, he had no intention of leaving us alone.

"You feel that....this is a strong one." Piccolo stated. "Compared to the rest of these guys, he's a monster." Krillin stated. This is really bad. I can't let anyone else fight him....I have to face him. 

"So, who wants to die first? Or would you all rather take me on? Either way doesn't matter to me." Tagoma stated, lowering himself closer to our level. To my surprise, Piccolo took a few steps forward, giving a determined glare.