Rematch

Frieza's P.O.V.

I couldn't help but stare in awe at the ball of energy in front of me. I didn't even realize I was reaching out to hold it in my hands. This was what she saw in me? This is....my soul?

"You see that golden light, at the top of the sphere?" Zira asked. My gaze shifted to where she instructed, seeing the small beam of light peaking out of the black sphere. "That's what I've been talking about. The hidden light in your soul. As long as that still exists, there's always a chance for you to change. In fact, it's already brighter than when we first met." she explained. I stared at that light for a long moment, unsure of how to respond. It was right before me, and yet I had a hard time believing it. Why does this light still reside in me anyway? Why is it not completely black? I've counquered hundreds of worlds, killed thousands of beings. There shouldn't be anything left at all....

There's no way this can be real.

I growled, knocking Zira's hand off my shoulder, causing me to lose sight of the sphere before me. "There's no way that can be possible. In case your unaware, I am Lord Frieza. Such things like redemption or second chances don't matter to me, not that I believe it'd be possible anyway!" I stated. Zira blinked in surprise before giving a small disappointed sigh. 

"Unfortunately, I figured you'd say something like that. That doesn't mean I'm willing to give up on you." she stated firmly. I rolled my eyes, arms folded across my chest as I walked a few feet away. "Oh please, the moment I decide to turn against you or your friends, you'll give up." I stated. The Saiyan gave a determined look, following me and standing beside me.

"You don't know that. You don't know me."

"And you clearly don't seem to know me."

I looked down at the cursed bracelet I still wore, clenching my fist tightly. "And if this damn thing still wasn't on me, I'd show you myself." I added. Zira perked up upon hearing that, her eyes immediately moving to the bracelet. I sighed, looking away from her and out into the canyon. Agitation and annoyance clouded my mind. I don't care what this Saiyan thinks she sees, I will not allow her to believe I have any chance of being like her friends. To regret my actions, to actually care, why would I need such thoughts plaguing my mind-

*Clink*

I blinked, feeling a weight leave my wrist. I snapped my gaze downwards, eyes widening upon seeing the bracelet was no longer on. 

"What in the..." I turned to face the Saiyan, who held the bracelet in one hand, while wearing a confident smile on her face, "just what in the world has gotten into you-"

"Well, you said if it wasn't on you, you'd show me the real you. And you know what, I believe you." she casually tossed the bracelet to the side, then folded her arms across her chest. "However, you and I both have different definitions on what that means - you think you would kill me, and I don't." she stated. I blinked, absolutely dumbfounded by her outrageous logic. After a moment of simply staring....I let out a laugh, hand over my face. Zira didn't seem phased, waiting patiently for my response. Once I calmed down, I gave her an evil smirk.

"There's certainly no doubt now - you are the most moronic Saiyan I have ever met in my entire life!! Hahahahaha!!" I turned to face her, my smirk widening. I allowed my power to flare up, causing a purple aura to envelope my body. Zira tensed slightly, slowly getting into a fighting stance. I let out a small sigh, relishing in feeling my power flow in my veins once more. "I must admit, I wasn't sure when or how I'd escape that wretched basement! Here I thought I'd need to manipulate you with kind words or false friendship. But here you are, letting me out like it's nothing! I assure you....you will regret this for the rest of your life! Cause the first thing I demand is a rematch!"