𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚍

TW// cussing, abuse, injuries, talk of snake attack

3rd person POV

Tommy woke in an unfamiliar room. He quickly sat up, getting lightheaded. He was scared, cold, and in slight pain. His lower calve was sore and slightly swollen. He looked around the room he was in. It was a bedroom.

It's was small, but cozy feeling. There was lots of wood everywhere.

He looked out of the window and saw the the house was made of stone. On the inside, it was a wooden bed frame, wooden floors, walls, and windowsills. There was also wooden trinkets everywhere.

It was a strange feeling, but Tommy felt like he was at home here. Like this was where he belonged.

There was a small fireplace and beside of it was a wooden rocking chair that had someone sitting in it.

Wait. With someone sitting in it?!

"Jesus!" Tommy yelped when he saw the person. They quickly looked up from the book they were reading. "You're awake!" They, who Tommy now figured was a man, said. Tommy stared at the man with wide eyes, still startled by his presence.

He put his book down and walked over to the side of Tommy's bed.

"How are you feeling? That was a deep bite. You'd be dead if I wasn't there." He said. Tommy was now even more startled and scared by the man when he saw his features. He had brown fluffy hair and two wolf ears standing tall on top of his head, and a large bushy tail that swayed behind him. He had vibrant yellow eyes and thin, cat-like pupils.
(Furry? 👀)

"What's the matter?" He asked. Tommy just stared at him, lost from words. The stories were real. But...this didn't seem to be 'wicked' as everyone says. Tommy was unsure though. He could be hallucinating from the snake bite for all he knew.

"Let me check your wound." He said, reaching for Tommy's keg. Tommy was too scared to move. The man took the bandage from Tommy's leg, revealing two red holes in his leg. Tommy grimaced at the sight.

"Well, it looks better." The man said. "I'm gonna put some medicine on it. It may sting a bit." He said, putting some liquid on a rage and touching it to Tommy's wound. Tommy winced at the pain, but it was manageable.

"So what's your name?" The man asked as he began to put his medical supplies away, not making eye contact with Tommy. Tommy did not answer him. "Well, I'm Wilbur." He said. "I- uhm..." Tommy took a shaky breath. "Tommy. I'm Tommy." "Lovely name." Wilbur said. Tommy gave a quick side smile and a nod.

"Say, what are you?" Wilbur asked. "I-...pardon?" Tommy said. "What are you?" Wilbur asked again. "Like, I'm part wolf. What are you? And why do you choose to hide your features?"

"I'm not...I'm not 'part' anything." Tommy hesitantly said. Wilbur paused. "What?" "I-I'm a human..." Wilbur then turned to Tommy, staring into Tommy's soul with his vibrant yellow eyes. "You're...a boy. A human boy. An actual human boy." Wilbur confirmed. Tommy nodded.

Now frightened for his life, Tommy scooted away from Wilbur a little.

"I-I thought you all stayed behind your walls..!" Wilbur said. "How did you get past them? Why did you go past them? Haven't you been told stories of us creatures being evil?" Wilbur asked. "I...I used a hook and rope..." Tommy answered. "And I didn't believe the stories..."

They both stared at each other for a few seconds.

"Those stories are bullshit." Wilbur sighed. Tommy, confused, raised an eyebrow at Wilbur. "We aren't evil and wicked like they say we are."