𝚂𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚗

TW// cussing, talk of murder, sneaking in

3rd person POV

"Ok, Tommy, uh..." Wilbur sighed loudly. "My home is up that hill." He said. Tommy wordlessly nodded, still a bit in shock. "I would like to keep you hidden from my family." "What?" Tommy asked in shock.

Wilbur spoke quickly, "Well- I know my dad would like you, but I don't know about my older brother because he's had a rough past with humans and the last time he saw one they were killing his parents and he's been wanting revenge so I don't know how he'll react to seeing you and he's really fucking blood thirsty when his voices get loud and-"

"Voices?" Tommy asked in a quiet voice.

"Uh-...yeah. Voices. It's hard to explain." Wilbur said. "I- I just want to keep you hidden for now. For you safety."

"Why...do you care so much?" Tommy asked. Wilbur cocked his head to the side in confusion. "Like, why do you care about me this much?" Tommy asked once more. "I-I mean, I'm just some nobody human with no family who decided to run away."

"Well..." Wilbur trailed off.

"Hell, I didn't even think your kind existed yesterday!...Or...whenever I was last awake..."

"Look, kid," Wilbur sighed. "I'm a really sensitive guy. I can- I can see below the skin. I guess I just get...clingy when I find someone who I can tell is a really good person." He said. "Kind of like a dog...since I'm part wolf I guess."

Tommy stared at him speechless.

"That sounds weird. Sorry." Wilbur looked away from Tommy. "It's...ok." Tommy said. Wilbur sighed. "To put it more simply, I feel happier when I'm around you. Like, I'm not having to fake my happiness so people don't worry about me." He said.

"I'm...sorry you have to feel that way. By faking your happiness." Tommy stared at the ground. Wilbur shrugged.

Suddenly, Tommy realized he didn't have his sack.

"Oh shit! My things! We left my things at the house!" Tommy shouted. Wilbur looked confused. "Things?" "My belongings. My sack. It's a burlap sack with my stuff in it! We left it!" Tommy said.

Wilbur stared at Tommy like he was crazy.

"What? Is my hair on fire or something?" Tommy asked sarcastically. "Quit staring like that." He said.

"Sorry, but uh, you didn't have anything on you when I found you." Wilbur said. "Yes- Yes I did." Tommy nervously laughed. "I had a sack with some food and water and a hook with rope." "Well you didn't when I found you!"

Tommy thought he was going crazy. Not himself. He thought he, as in Wilbur, was going crazy.

"You may have dropped it while running or something?" Wilbur said. Tommy then remembered when he was running from the wall when the guards started opening the gates. "Fuck." Tommy groaned. "I'm such a fucking idiot."

"It's alright. You don't need them. We have food and water here, and I doubt you'll be needing a hook and rope for anything." Wilbur said. "Still. That was literally everything I owned. I had nothing else." Tommy sighed.

"Sorry..." Wilbur said. Tommy shrugged. "At least I still have my hood." "What's so special about your red hood?" Wilbur asked. "Doesn't matter." "Sorry, touchy subject?" Tommy nodded.

They stood in silence for a while.

"Well my family seems to be home right now so we'll have to sneak you in." Wilbur said. "M'k." Tommy replied dully. "Come on." Wilbur said, pulling on Tommy's wrist. "I can walk without you draggin' me, you know." Tommy snapped.

Wilbur did not reply.

Tommy huffed in defeat.

Wilbur brought them around to the back of the house and pointed up to a window on the second floor.

"That," Wilbur said. "Is my room. You'll have to climb through the window. It should be unlocked."

Tommy nodded, and began to climb the rain pipe that went up the house.

"Woah! Do you need help?!" Wilbur whisper-shouted. "I climbed a one hundred foot tall 90° degree angled wall. I'm fine." Tommy chuckled. "B-Be careful!" Wilbur said, holding his hands together on his chest. Tommy waved him off.

When Tommy reached the window, he slid it open.

"Great! Now just hop in there and be as quiet as you physically can be." Wilbur said. Tommy nodded, not wanting anyone to hear him through the open window. He then went in the window, and closed it.

Wilbur sighed loudly in relief. His heart had been beating way too fast while Tommy was climbing, afraid Tommy would fall, and Wilbur not being able to catch him in time.

He went back around to the front of the house and stepped onto the porch. He placed his hand on the doorknob, took a deep breath, and opened the door, making himself seem perfectly presentable and happy.

"Hay, dad, Tech!" He greeted his small family. His brother, Technobalde whom he called 'Techno' or 'Tech', was a pig/piglin hybrid, and his father, Phil, who was a crow hybrid. He and Techno were one year apart in age, Wilbur being the younger. They were both adopted by Phil.

"Hey, Wilbur! You're home early! How was work?" Phil asked. "I quit." Wilbur lied, refusing to tell the two how abusive Schlatt is and how Quackity made him leave for his safety. "Aw, why's that?" Phil questioned. "It wasn't really a job anyways." Wilbur said. "I didn't get paid so it was just something I did to pass time."

"You don't get paid for your food?" Techno asked. "Nope. I give it away." Wilbur lied.

Wilbur had told his small family that he makes food and sells it to the townspeople. His family wasn't necessarily on good terms with Schlatt. They, or mainly Phil, however was fine with Quackity as long as he wasn't smoking or doing drugs around them. Techno could care less if he was doing drugs or not. He didn't mind Quackity one bit.

"I'm gonna get me some food and head up to my room." Wilbur said. "Alright. Don't go to sleep without saying goodnight!" Phil said. Wilbur nodded, and let to the kitchen.

He looked around for something he thought Tommy would like. He settled on a bowl of ramen and a glass of milk. Wilbur got himself a pack of crackers and a water canteen since he wasn't very hungry.
(Idk about you but Ramen and milk together is absolutely AMAZING. 10/10.)

He went upstairs, climbing two stairs with every step.

Words: 1,095