74: Kyōjurō's Joy

"...I'm pregnant, Kyō." You finally blurted out.

You were shaking in anticipation because of just how overwhelming this was. Kyōjurō was already protective of you and neither of you knew what a pregnancy would cause? So far, stomach cramps and nausea.

You almost felt sorry for your lover. He was so completely perplexed by your announcement until his face lit up like the stars in the night sky.

"What?"

Did you say what he thinks you said, or has his hearing finally cracked?

You were still shaking and fidgety; nervous that he's displeased with the sudden announcement. "I'm pregnant," you repeated, before standing and sauntered over to him.

"We're going to have a child, Kyō." You don't meet his eyes as you took his hands in yours.

Eventually, you look up to meet his golden gaze and his eyes shine in anticipation. For a second, he says nothing or even makes no attempt to move as his eyes widen and his mouth agape.

"Y-you're...pregnant?" He asked slowly, "you mean... I'm going to be a...father?" His eyes making direct contact with yours.

"Yes." You say, then kissed him on the cheek, and then gently draped your arms around his neck, resting them on his shoulders.

"You're going to be a dad." You added as tears of happiness streamed down you face.

Suddenly, the air around felt very warm, despite it being breezy and sunny out. You watched as your husband's expression morphs into what you can only described as absolute happiness! With tears welling in his eyes, he looks at you in disbelief and you read the look on his face as a question of 'for real, real?'

Kyojuro gulped, his heart beating rapidly in his chest. You, the love of his life, is pregnant with his child.

He was going to have a family!

Oh, how he knew this day would come! It was going to be oddly satisfying watching your belly grow and your breasts swell as your pregnancy goes on.

Right now, before his very eyes, you're glowing, and soft and beautiful; there's some part of him that's proud as he slowly places a warm hand on your baby bump through your yukata - knowing his child is growing inside you.

"Kyō?" Your beautiful voice breaks him from his trance.

"A child?.. We're going to have a family!" He suddenly says in excitement.

"Everyone get back, he's going to blow!" You heard Tengen exclaimed.

You swear your heart nearly leaped out of your chest as the air around you grew even more hotter. Comically, flames suddenly erupted out of his very being, engulfing his entire being instantly!

"I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!" He shouts in joy, a smile split its way across his handsome face.

"WASHOI!! I'M GOING TO HAVE A CHILD!"

All his emotions was muted by the intense happiness coursing through his veins. He was fueled by your words, and his endless love for you. The flames in his heart burning stronger than ever before. Enough to rival the sun!