The merprince and the Moonpool mermaid

Yuu had thought she successfully escaped the merprince, but every time she thought she lost him, there his green tail was. She got sick of the game of cat and mouse,  jumped out of the water, and dragged herself onto the empty sand below the bridge to Royal Sword Academy.

"God! He wore me out!" Yuu pants, dragging herself onto the sand more.

"I knew you couldn't swim forever. You swim pretty fast. Where are you from?" Rielle pants, jumping out of the water and collapsing next to Yuu.

"I'm from Night Raven College. I'm the new girl that got transported here by accident," Yuu answers, rolling onto her stomach.

"Yeah, I've heard about you. But you're supposed to be human. You're obviously not."

"I know. I've recently gotten used to having a tail after an accident three days ago."

"Well, that calls for one last question. What type of mermaid are you? You don't look like the mermaids from my kingdom. You look more like the kind of mermaids that my people tell stories about, The Mermaids of the Moon."

"I'm a Moonpool mermaid. You can imagine my luck with my powers. I can't even touch a glass of water without it freezing."

"If you need help controlling your magic, I think I can help. Here, lift your hand, and open your palm. Then, bend all your fingers and imagine any shape you would like."

Yuu's fingers bend, and she imagines a continuous flow of water coming out of the ocean. A snake-like tower of water slowly forms out of the sea.

"Oh my God! I'm doing it!" Yuu squeals, making the tower of water shake slightly.

"Focus, darling. You don't want it to fall apart," Rielle says, putting his hand on top of the one controlling the water.

"Right! Now that I've got it under control, what do I do next?" Yuu asks, beaming with confidence.

"We're going to shift to the next phase. Try to freeze the tower," Rielle instructs, scooting closer to Yuu.

"Ok!" Yuu agrees, nodding her head and turning the tower along with the ocean into ice. "Oh crap, I'm so sorry!"

"Uh, that is ok. We-we can fix this! Imagine the water heating up. You feel your whole body heating up," Rielle encourages, trying to unfreeze the ocean before morning.

"It's not working. The ocean is still frozen!" Yuu panics, seeing the ice go towards the shore near her legs.

"Think hot things! Think sexy things that make you hot and bothered if you have to!"

"I'm trying to!"

Yuu's anger makes the water tower go back to its liquid state. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the rest of the ocean surrounding the island. Yuu's luck dove for the worst when she fainted from overexerting herself.

"Ah! Mermaid girl, don't leave me hanging here!" Rielle shrieks, putting Yuu into his arms. "Shit, I guess I've got to take her back to school."

~~~~~~
"AAAHHH! I'm stuck in the ocean!" A freshman screams, his feet unable to move.

"How is this happening? Who is doing this?" Crewel shrieks, screaming into the sky.

"Stay calm, everyone. Hopefully, the morning or afternoon sun will melt the ice," Crowley says, watching students begin to walk on the ice and start sliding on it.

After a couple of minutes, the ice melts. Leaving, the people sliding on the ice, falling straight into the ocean.

"We've got to get a paranormal expert here," Crowley sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose.