Monster

"We've got to find Professor Crewel. He knows how to fix this," Azul says, carrying Yuu to the main campus.

Smoke is in the distance, and a harpy-like screech goes through the island. An explosion rocks the area, and the night sky fills with black and red.

"What was that?" Kalim asks, looking at the smoke in horror.

"You don't want to know," Azul replies, opening Night Raven's campus doors. "Professor Crewel, we need your help!"

"Not now, puppies. Monsters are attacking the island, and I need to help the magic marshalls make weapons and remedies," Crewel says, picking up a sharp whip and a small pistol.

His eyes catch the silver monster in Azul's, and his eyes widen while his face flushes.

"You brought one of them in here!" Crewel yells, losing his relaxed but strict demeanor.

"It's not a monster! It's Yuu! Please fix her!" Azul pleads, tears streaming down his cheeks.

Silence dominates the hallway, but Yuu's shaky breathing fills the area. Jade puts his hand on Yuu's gills and feels them moving.

"She needs water. She can't survive on land much longer," Jade says, looking at Yuu's silver scales beginning to dry and flake off.

"Ok, follow me into the alchemy room," Crewel sighs, hoping no one catches him.

"Thank you!" Azul exclaims, wiping his tears away.

The group goes into the alchemy room and places Yuu in the cauldron. Kalim uses his unique magic and fills it with water. Yuu's breathing returns to a more stable pattern, and her body submerges itself into the water.

"So, what must I do to change Yuu back?" Crewel questions, slapping on a pair of gloves and goggles.

"We think Yuu was in contact with magestones charged by moon energy. That's how she changed into this," Azul explains, remembering the mermaid book and its warnings about the full moon. "If we could do the process of reverse charging, maybe it might save Yuu."

"I can try, but this form of Yuu's may very well be a nasty curse. Jade, hand me that dark blue magestone on the top corner," Crewel instructs, opening the curtains. "And please stand back, students."

Jade hands Crewel the magestone, and the teacher puts a few drops of water in a bowl labeled moon water. He holds the magestone up to the moonlight, and the stone begins to glow navy. He thrusts the glowing magestone into Yuu's chest, causing her to scream in pain. Silver beams of light go into the magestone, and Yuu's body begins to glow like a star in space. The more light flows into the stone, the more cracks spread across the rock. The magestone releases an eardrum-breaking shatter, and all its power stops as it turns into a dull, black rock.

"Did it work?" Azul asks, leaning over to look at Yuu.

Yuu takes a sharp inhale of air and quickly opens her now brown eyes.

"Save us! Save the rest of them!" Yuu screams, grabbing onto Azul before passing out.

"Who's them?" Jamil asks aloud.

"Yuu! Yuu, are you alright?" Azul exclaims, shaking Yuu.

Yuu's eyes open again, but this time around, they're back to being silver. She shrieks and grabs Azul pulling him into the cauldron like a siren dragging a poor man who heard her song to his watery doom. A struggle ensues, but Azul gets the upper hand as his octopus arms wrap around Yuu's body. She growls as Azul's tentacle keeps her mouth shut.

"Yuu, come back. You're still in there somewhere," Azul begs, struggling to keep Yuu still. "Please, come back to us."

Yuu goes still, but the water begins to move. It envelopes Yuu's body and swirls around the room like a wild spell. The water breaks through the window and goes off into the night.