Aquatic Act

"Yuu, how are we going to do a magic act? The only powers we have are our mermaid ones. Not only that, but we'll be on international tv!" Emmeline asks, panicking about their secret getting exposed. "Plus, the talent show is in two weeks."

"That's the point. We're doing a magic trick. No one's going to know we're mermaids if we transform and use our powers during a magic trick. They'll think it's all part of the act," Yuu explains, opening the door to Ramshackle. "I already have the perfect songs to do our routine with!"

"I'm interested, but what about costumes?" Riri asks, the whole magic act piquing her interest.

"Don't worry, I've got it all worked out! Riri, you can do the choreography, Emmeline can be our leader/manager, and Cleora and I can be the costume designers. We'll be the Queens of the Sea!" Yuu exclaims, spinning around.

"I guess we only have one choice...let's drown the competition in our mermaid awesomeness!" Emmeline yells, putting her fist in the air.

"Yay! Cleora, let's go gather our costume materials. I already have a list!" Yuu squeals, pulling out a sheet of paper. "Riri, I already sent you the two songs on Magicam!"

Yuu runs out of Ramshackle with Cleora, rushing past the students practicing their acts outside. Yuu crashes into a hard chest and falls, faceplanting onto whomever it is.

"You should watch where you're going more," Vil groans, sitting up and looking at Yuu. "Actually, can you be our manager again? We're getting the VDC group back together."

"Ooh, sorry, Vil. I've already formed a group for the talent show with my friends. I'll encourage you and resolve conflicts, though," Yuu answers, getting off of Vil. "I can't wait to see your act! I'm sure you'll win this time!"

Vil's eyes widen, and his face flushes. He turns around to face the old VDC group, pointing towards Yuu.

"You heard her, boys! Our friend expects us to win! Don't let her down!" Vil yells, feeling a burning passion for success from Yuu's words.

"Yes, sir!" The group yells back.

~~~~~~~~

"First, we need to find four large clamshells," Yuu says, swimming through the sea.

"I know where to find them! My father tells me there are clamshells on the Coral Sea border," Cleora responds, turbo-swimming to the border. "Last one to the border is a rotten fish!"

"You're so on!" Yuu yells, torpedo-swimming after Cleora.

The fish turned over from the mermaid's speed, and the water had bubbles dispersed. Hair and objects in the water fly back.

"Got here first!" Cleora and Yuu scream, giggling after.

"Holy shit, we just hit gold!" Cleora screams, looking at the orangish gold clamshells. "They match our mermaid tops!"

"Four clamshells, check!" Yuu states, putting them into a bag. "Now we need to find orange starfish. Then we should be done."

"That's so easy. There's starfish everywhere," Cleora says, looking at the shimmering, beautiful, vibrant wildlife.

Yuu and Cleora collect starfish while Riri listens to Queen of the Waves and an Under the sea remix for their choreography. Amid all the excitement, there was a dragon who was beginning to feel a bit lonely.

"Do you think Yuu doesn't like me anymore?" Malleus asks Lilia while practicing his fire breathing.

"I'm sure she still likes you. It's just that she's busy," Lilia says, trying to ease Malleus. "She probably has a lot on her plate, especially considering that the Joint Talent Show is next week, and Yuu is doing an act with her friends."

"You're right. If Yuu still likes me after revealing who I am, I'm sure she'll like me now. Though I can't help but feel like she's been a bit distant recently," Malleus replies, sitting down on the ground.

~~~~~~~

"Yuu, I've got a choreography! It's pretty short, and it's super easy. The best part is we can dance underwater with our tails and use our powers!" Riri squeals, showing Yuu the dance.

"Plus, I've managed to get us the beach for our act! We are going to rock!" Emmeline exclaims, hugging Yuu.

The rest of the group hugs Yuu, squealing in excitement about their act.

"Cleora and I got the costume materials! We'll have our mermaid beauty on stage! All I need is four orange swimsuit bottoms," Yuu says, deciding whether or not to buy matching bottoms.

"I sense a shopping spree!" Riri exclaims, pulling out a debit card. "I sold some of the treasures that I collected. It turns out doubloons sell for millions!"

"Woo!" Cleora, Yuu, and Emmeline cheer clapping their hands together.

~~~~~~~

"Here's your chance, Malleus. She's coming back to campus after a trip with her friends. If you don't say what's wrong now, you'll keep it in until it explodes. Then, you'll both be hurt," Lilia says, popping up behind Malleus.

"You're right. I have to do it now, or else I never will," Malleus replies, walking to Yuu.

"I support your emotional takeover of the human, Waka-sama!" Sebek screams.

"Damn, shut up. All loud, and it isn't even dinner," Silver scolds, becoming irritated.

"Alright, stop bickering, you two," Lilia says, stopping their arguing before they could even begin.

"Hi Yuu, listen, I really like being your friend and understand that it's hard right now because you have a lot on your plate, plus you actually get friends of the same gender and don't have to spend your time around boys who don't even get basic female biology, sorry for the period incident by the way, and what I'm really saying is wouldyoustillcontinuetobemyfriend?" Malleus rambles, making Yuu a bit surprised.

"...of course, we can still be friends. What made you think differently?" Yuu replies, stepping forward.

"It's just that over the past couple of weeks, and it's not just me who's noticed this, but you've been spending a lot more time with the Tweels, Azul, Idia, and Ortho. You distanced yourself from the rest of your friends. We got worried, that's all," Malleus explains, his features beginning to sink.

I could never tell him the real reason-I don't know if I could. What if my tail gets in the way of everything?

"I-I have a good explanation, I promise. Tell the others to watch my act during the talent show, and it should explain everything," Yuu says, hurrying off to go back to Ramshackle.

"Wait! Are you going to go back to staying at Diasomnia? Crowley still hasn't hired a paranormal expert to investigate the strange activity around you?"

"I think I'll be fine with the strange things happening around me."

With that, Yuu ran back to Ramshackle with her friends, and they began to rehearse their magic act.