The full moon experience

"Azul, I get that I've been in bed for a long time, but is it necessary to have me held by all your tentacles!" Yuu exclaims, trying to escape Azul's grasp.
"I can't let you turn over the window on that side. You'll see the full moon," Azul whines, tightening his grip on Yuu. "I'm taking any chances with you and the full moon."
Yuu sighs, and she gives up resisting Azul. She falls asleep in his tentacles and does her best to get comfortable.
AUUUGGGHHH!!! It's so uncomfortable!
Yuu gently removes Azul's tentacles tiptoeing out of the room into the cafeteria full of refugees, waking up Riri, Cleora, and Emmeline.
"What are you doing? You should be resting!" Riri whisper-yells, sitting up.
"I can't do this anymore. Azul is so clingy!" Yuu whispers, pointing to the suction cup marks. "I need to get away from this place fast, and you guys are going with me!"
"Can't you swim away by yourself?!" Cleora asks, turning over to face Yuu.
Yuu pulls open the curtains, and the full moon's light shines on the girls. She closes the curtains, and the girls snap out of their trance.
"Now, are we in agreement that we all want to go to the moonpool?" Yuu says, hands on her hips.
~~~~~~~
The girls swim through the wrecked town and go to the moonpool full of magestones charged by moon energy.
"Wow! This place is so amazing! There's even a stone platform in the moonpool to put our hands and tails on," Cleora coos, enjoying her moon bath.
"The volcano's opening is perfect. We can stare at the moon all we want. Not only that, but the tunnels above ground and underwater are perfect for an escape," Emmeline adds, floating on the water. "Maybe we should stay here for a while?"
~~~~~~~
The morning sun had risen, and Azul had now been crying since four in the morning.
"She's gone! The full moon got her!" Azul whines, sobbing on Jade.
"I'm sure we can find her. Let's go see Idia and check if he can do anything," Jade comforts, patting Azul's head.
The two Octavinelle students walked to Ignihyde and opened the dorm leader's door.
"Idia, we have an emergency. Yuu's gone, and it was a full moon yesterday," Jade says, shocking the dorm leader awake.
"Do you have any idea where they went?" Idia asks, putting on his clothes hurriedly.
"Nope, not a single idea. Though, I did hear about three other girls being gone as well. They were the daughters of town refugees who were sleeping in the cafeteria. If we were a moonstruck mermaid, where would I go?" Jade asks, making everyone think hard.
"Oh no..." Azul says, realizing Yuu probably went into the vast ocean nearby.
"Don't worry. I attached a tracker to Yuu's scales. She's on a small island near the Land of the Dawning. We can reach it in 15 minutes if we hurry and find a boat," Idia explains, shutting off his computer.
The boys run to the semi-destroyed port and try to find a boat. They find a medium-sized speedboat, and Idia hops inside while Jade and Azul travel by water. They arrive at the island and hear Levitating by Dua Lipa. The boys share a look of confusion and travel up the mountain until they fall into one of the volcano's ground entrances. Idia hits the ground first, while Azul and Jade fall on top of him.
"Ow! Can you two get off of me!" Idia yells, his fire becoming small. "Holy crap! This is the hottest thing I've seen in my life!"
Steam clears, and four bodies appear in the fog. Yuu and her friends look at Azul, Jade, and Idia with their siren faces.
"Hi~" Yuu, Riri, Cleora, and Emmeline say, pulling themselves onto the sand's edge.
"H-H-H-H-H-H-H-Hi!" Idia stutters, crawling to the mergirls.
"Why don't you join us? I promise we don't bite," Yuu whispers, luring Idia to the edge.
"Idia, don't think with your dick! If you get in that water, you're doomed!" Azul screams, pulling Idia back. "There's gotta be an alternative way to get them out of here."
"Sugar," Jade vocalizes, remembering the tales of mermaids going crazy over sugar-filled items. "Mermaids love sugar. Here, if one of you can get to NRC the fastest, I'll give you this candy bar!"
The mermaid's eyes widen, and they nod their heads as they go below the water.
"Great thinking, Jade. Now let's beat them to NRC before the whole town sees tails in the canal," Azul states, letting go of Idia.
~~~~~~~
The four mermaids race to NRC, but one splits from the group and heads to the RSA remains. Yuu pulls herself onto the sand and dries herself to be a curious cat. She enters a door walking into a dark pathway. Yuu grabs a piece of scrap wood, using her pyrokinesis to make a torch.
Just great there's water dripping everywhere.
Yuu reaches the last step and opens the door. The other side was like an ancient ruin. Half of the hallway was gone, and all you could see was the long way to the ground below. Chandeliers and glass littered the floor, and smoke poured out of a distant room. Yuu walks down the hallway, stepping over furniture and pieces of wood. Her bare feet crunch on the ashes, feeling the warmth of the former fire.
"I didn't know you were going to be here," A strained voice says from the smoky room.
Yuu peers into the room and sees Che'nya's tail and left leg stuck under a fallen beam.
"I thought everyone left RSA?" Yuu asks, running to him.
"You know me. I disappear and reappear. I reappeared at the wrong time," Che'nya answers, growing weaker by the minute. "I haven't been here long. I've only been here for a day."
"You poor thing. I'll try to help you. I might not be strong enough to lift it off you."
Yuu touches the beam, burning her hand like it's in boiling grease. Her hand coils back and blows on her palm. She takes a deep breath and puts her hands near the beam, using her cryokinesis and hydrokinesis to cool it off and move it away from Che'nya.
"Thank you, do you think you can carry me to your school?" Che'nya asks, putting his arm around Yuu and leaning on her as they walk.
"Sure," Yuu answers, making Che'nya not fall as they exit the room.
A crumbling sound goes through the walls, and the ground in front of Yuu begins to crack. The walls and ceiling begin to crumble until everything falls to the sand leaving no path to the main entrance. Yuu goes towards the door she originally 5entered, only to find the steps falling to pieces.
"What is happening to this place?" Yuu exclaims, becoming frustrated as more debris from above begins to crumble.
"It's because we weren't united. Our motto is united, we stand, divided, we fall. If we don't get out of here, we'll be crushed to death," Che'nya explains, wiping some blood from his head.
Yuu looks towards the non-existent hallway, and an idea comes to life in her head. She uses her hydrokinesis to make the wet sand form around her feet, then uses her hydro-thermokinesis to heat the sand until it becomes glass.
Who needs glass slippers when you've got glass ice skates?
Yuu puts Che'nya on her back and turns the water on the floor into a ramp leading off the edge of the destroyed hallway. She skates toward the end at full speed and jumps off, using her powers to turn the ocean into an ice ramp to ice skate her way back to NRC.
"Elsa ain't got nothin' on this bitch!" Yuu screams, terrifying Che'nya as she speeds up.
"NYAH! SLOW DOWN!" Che'nya wails, clinging to Yuu like a cat tree.
"Calm down! We're almost there!" Yuu responds, making a loop de loop on top of the NRC school path.
Yuu pushes her hands out like Elsa and swings the school's gates open using her ice powers. She skates into the school cafeteria and puts Che'nya next to Rielle.
"Hi, Yuu," Rielle greets, looking at Yuu in confusion. "I see you've been up to...something."
"Yeah, where are the rest of my friends?" Yuu asks, stepping out of the glass skates.
"They should be in the hallway. But, you could wait for them here with me?" Rielle suggests, scooting over to make room for Yuu. "The Humanitarian Club, RSASTA(Royal Sword Academy Student Teacher Association), and Class Council are figuring out a way to earn enough money to rebuild the school. Do you have any ideas?"
"I don't mean to sound rude, but can't you get your rich parents to donate money to fix the school?"
"They did. But the damage was too much. So far, the total damage is 950,999 thaumarks. This cost includes the cost of restoring the treasures that were there, the armory, any animals lost or killed, and a new mirror for sorting students. We only got 400,500 thaumarks in donations. We have to get the 550,499 ourselves."
Oh crap...
"How about you do a fundraiser?"
"We'd do that, but unfortunately, we have nowhere to put it. The town is either burned or destroyed. Thanks for the suggestion, though."
Yuu took a deep breath full of guilt and stopped the tears from flowing.
"What's going to happen if you don't get the money?"
"It's simple. We go home or go to another school. Although many of us can learn magic at home, that school was our home away from home."
"I'll try to find a way, ok."
Yuu runs off to find her merfriends and plans a way to make enough money for RSA.