Paranormal Activity

By tomorrow morning, Azul had calmed down to a reasonable level. At the very least, Rielle couldn't come to see Yuu all the time. In general, things had calmed down in Night Raven since Yuu came back. Although, there are still rumors about what took Yuu and where she was. But the real problem was now beginning to show.

"Today, we're going to be making a potion that gives you the ability to breathe underwater," Professor Crewel says, handing everyone ingredient lists. "But, things will not be so easy. You have to find the ingredients yourself, and there's a special ingredient that you must work hard to find. You must find a mermaid scale!"

Yuu feels her internal system for future problems start to activate, and her face pales.

"Oh, please let today be problem-free," Yuu moans a little too loud.

"With Headmage Crowley in charge?" Crewel questions, rolling his eyes.

"No way!" Everyone yells, smiling

"Ooohhh!" Yuu groans, putting her head down on the table.

The class leaves to collect ingredients for the potion in the woods, and Yuu sneaks off to visit the moonpool.
"It feels so nice being here!" Yuu exclaims, sunbathing in the water.

"Nyah, do I have to call you human?" Grim asks, pawing at Yuu's scale top.

Oh shit! I forgot he was here!

"You can still call me human. If you keep this ultra-secret, I'll give you unlimited head scratches and maybe a can of tuna. Or I can give you the fish I find while swimming around in the ocean," Yuu negotiates, making sure Grim doesn't blab to everyone at school.

"Deal and I want the fish you catch in the ocean!" Grim mewls in excitement. "You will not hear a word from me!"

"Yuu! Grim! Where are you?!" Ace yells from above.

"Looks like it's time to leave," Yuu sighs, grabbing Grim and diving under the water.

Yuu climbs out into the empty marshes and drags her tail in the mud.

"Hey, Grim! Mind drying me off?" Yuu whispers, lying down on her stomach.

"Sure, hu-mer-human," Grim stutters, blowing fire over Yuu's body.

"Whew! Feels so good to be dry!" Yuu cheers, standing up and walking over to Ace.

"There you are! We've been looking all over for you. We've got every ingredient except the mermaid scale," Ace says, showing the herbs and spice in the basket. "Where do you think a mermaid scale would be?"

"I think it would be near the beach," Yuu answers, trying to act normal.

"That makes sense!" Deuce exclaims, putting his fist into his open palm.

"Class! Due to the rarity of mermaid scales, I'm extending this assignment to Thursday. You have three days to find mermaid scales!" Crewel announces, looking at everyone. "Yuu, why do you have mud all over you?"

"I went looking for ingredients in the marshes," Yuu answers, noticing the brown stains across her clothes. "Don't worry. I'll change when I get inside."

Class ended, and Yuu had a peaceful lunch. Then, P.E. begins as usual.

"Class, today we're focusing on meditating and channeling the magic inside you. Plus, we could use the relaxation after the events of yesterday," Vargas yells, sitting down on the grass in his black leggings. "Sit criss-cross applesauce and breathe in. Then breathe out."

Breathe in... breathe out
Breathe in...breathe out
Breathe in.............breathe out
Breathe in.........