Hunt

It was day 2 of trying to find a mermaid scale, and Yuu had decided to take a break in the lake.
"Ah, the water is so warm," Yuu sighs, pouring water on her face.
"Meowth, that's right," Grim purrs, floating on the water next to Yuu.
Leaves crunch behind Yuu, setting off her internal alarm.
"Roi de Poison, I knew we would succeed if we went into the woods! A beautiful mermaid with an even more beautiful tail to match. What beautiful scales she has, aahh, how I wish I could touch them," Rook coos, scaring Yuu.
"Rook, don't be weird. Can you find a way to ask her if she can give us a scale?" Vil asks, sighing at his French friend.
Time to leave!
"Isn't that Grim floating next to the mermaid?" Vil questions, looking at the black cat in surprise. "Maybe we can ask him for help? Grim, can you get your friend's attention!"
Grim lazily opens one eye, then floats to Yuu, who goes underwater and swims away with him in hand.
"Well, that turned out great," Vil sighs sarcastically. "Rook, are you ready,-why do you have that perverted facial expression?"
"Ma belle sirène," Rook moans with blush covering his face. "I've fallen under your spell."
"Oh boy."
Yuu swims to the marshes and pulls herself out. She heats her body and walks away to go back to campus. She bumps into a tall figure and falls to the ground.
"Trickster, there you are! I've fallen in love with the most beautiful girl in the sea!" Rook sings, swaying, and dancing with Yuu. "You look so much like her, even though I haven't seen her face."
"Rook, don't get weird with Yuu. Besides, I'm sure we can find mermaid scales somewhere else," Vil says, glaring at Rook.
I've been a mermaid for less than a week, and problems have been piling on me like pancakes.
"Nyah! Leave my human alone! She needs to take care of me!" Grim whines, pawing at Rook's clothes.
"Grim, calm down. I'll give you some high-quality fish when we get back home. Vil, Rook, we'll see you later," Yuu says, petting Grim's fur down.
"I most certainly will," Rook creepily comments, stroking his chin.
I felt the hair on the back of my spine rise!
Yuu quickly walks away and goes back to Diasomnia. Black smoke pours out of the kitchen, and Yuu runs to see what it is. She opens the oven and sees charred black crispy material.
Why are there no fire alarms in this place?!
Yuu takes the black material out of the oven and places it in the sink. She raises her hand and uses her hydrokinesis to make the sink water extinguish the flames. She opens a window while fanning through the smoke, trying to see where her black cat went.
What was Lilia trying to cook?!
Yuu puts both hands in the air, creating a midair whirlpool that takes out all the smoke. She sighs and finds Grim eating the soggy charred remains from the sink.
"Ew, Grim, don't eat that," Yuu scolds, trying to get Grim out of the sink.
"It tastes good! It has such a smokey flavor!" Grim exclaims, happily eating the burnt remains.
"Well, if you eat that, you'll be too full to eat the fish I'm going to make you," Yuu says, getting Grim's attention.
"Ah, so this is where you are. I must've fallen asleep while my chicken cooked like the old man I am," Lilia yawns, walking into the slightly smoky kitchen.
"Hate to tell you this, Lilia, but your chicken is smithereens," Yuu points out, looking at the sink.
"Ooh crap! That was my last chance to prove I could cook a decent meal for my son and his friends! Now they're never going to trust me with feeding them again!" Lilia complains, sighing into his palm. "How am I going to find another meal to cook on such short notice?"
"I could help you make a seafood dish," Yuu suggests, feeling sorry for Lilia.
"Really? You're the best, Daughter of the Moon!" Lilia squeals, hugging Yuu. "You find me a fish, and we can cook dinner together!"
"Got it!"
Wait a minute? Did he just call me Daughter of the Moon?
Yuu runs out of campus and bumps into Cleora.
"What are you doing here?" Yuu asks, taking hold of Cleora's hand and standing up.
"I'm making a delivery of fish and crustaceans on my dad's behalf," Cleora answers, putting a box of crabs into the cart. "Whatcha runnin' for?"
"I'm looking for a spot to find tasty fish for dinner. Do you know any?" Yuu asks, looking at a colorful blue, white, and yellow fish. "That one, what type of fish is that colorful one?"
"It's a yellowfin tuna. You can find groups of them if you swim near the Land of Dawning's sea border. I can show you if you want!"
"Sure, I'd love to go beyond Sage Island!"
~~~~~~~
The two mergirls speed swam to the Land of Dawning's border and found a sea bursting with life. Pods of dolphins rodeoed schools of fish, creating a tornado of fish around the girls.
"Follow what the dolphins are doing and use your powers to isolate a fish," Cleora instructs, swimming around the fish like the dolphins.
Yuu follows Cleora and circles around the school of yellowfin tuna. Using both of their powers, Cleora and Yuu create a bubble around the largest one of the group. They swim upwards and take it up to the surface, where Yuu freezes it. She takes the frozen ball and puts it into a sack on a rock.
"Thanks, Cleora! See you later!" Yuu exclaims, throwing the sack over her shoulders and speed swimming back to the Isle of Sages.
"Whew! Back home within 15 minutes and plenty of time to cook!" Yuu exclaims, getting out of the water.
Yuu runs to NRC, slamming into Diasomnia's dorm. She puts the frozen ball onto the kitchen counter in front of Lilia, taking out herbs and spices. Without Lilia noticing, she melts the ball and dries the fish so she can touch it safely.
"Here, put some gloves on. I know how easily diseases can spread to humans when they touch raw meat," Lilia says, handing her purple gloves.
Yuu snaps the tight purple gloves on and begins to prep the yellowfin tuna. After much guidance and accidental explosions, Yuu and Lilia finally cook the meal with all the sides ready to eat.
"Something smells good. Wait, something smells good?" Silver says, walking into Diasomnia with Malleus and Sebek.
"Tadah! Your old man cooked a meal for you!" Lilia yells, jumping out of the kitchen. "And I got help from Yuu and Grim!"
"Oh please, I only skinned the fish and seasoned it. You did all the hard work," Yuu adds, coming out of the kitchen. "What are you waiting on? Dig in!"
The students of Diasomnia dig in for a delicious meal and give their resident old man a bit more trust. After finishing their meal, Yuu heads to the lake and jumps in the water. Secretly, a pair of French green eyes stare at her from the brush.
"Magnifique! The mysterious girl from another world is a beautiful mermaid! Infinite beauté!" Rook exclaims, scaring Yuu.
Yuu creates a ball of water, freezes it, then sends it flying in Rook's direction. The hunter dives out of the way and becomes more excited at the prospect of fighting his prey.
"So exciting! A battle with a maiden of the sea who's taken my heart!" Rook coos, taking out his bow and arrow. "Let's see if you can dodge my arrows of love."
The first arrow nearly misses Yuu's head, but she ducks underwater. The second arrow scrapes Yuu's scales making a few fall off as she gets closer to the shore.
Ugh, time to freeze this creep!
Yuu splashes Rook, which surprises him and makes the tent in his clothing more visible. Yuu thrusts her hand out, freezing Rook's whole body like Anna from Frozen.
"That'll teach ya," Yuu remarks, smirking at the frozen statue.
As Yuu pulls herself out and walks away, she hears faint cracks.
CRICK! SPLHNK! CRICK! CRRRAAACCCKKKK!!!!
A cold arm touches Yuu's arm, getting her skin wet. She turns around and sees the right half of Rook has broken free from the ice.
Water! Escape! Now!
Yuu tries to jump into the water, but the rest of Rook's body breaks free from his icy imprisonment. He tackles Yuu to the ground as she transforms into a mermaid. The Frenchman pins Yuu's hands above her head and puts his knees on the sides of her tail.
"Got you, mon amour," Rook whispers in Yuu's ear, sending shivers down her spine.
"Damn it! I wish I had my legs right now!" Yuu curses, thinking of a way to get out of the situation. "That's it!"
Yuu swings her tail up hard, hitting Rook square in the crotch. His eyes widen, but a large blush spreads across his face.
"Ah! Mon amour!" Rook moans, squeezing his legs together. "Verbally and physically abuse me more! Let me feel the full fury of your claws!"
I should've known this bitch was going to be a masochist.
Yuu feels a hand stroke the sides of her tail and sees Rook's left hand tracing her scales. He carefully takes off a scale and kisses the place her scale was.
My hands! They're free!
Rook picks her up bridal style and hums a song to himself in French. Yuu lifts her hand up, but Rook spanks her ass.
"Rook, what the hell!" Yuu screams, hitting Rook on the hand.
"Now, now, naughty girls need to be punished. Besides, you did attack me unprovoked. I didn't even get an opportunity to ask for a scale of yours," Rook replies, rubbing Yuu's exposed back. "I had to fight you for your scales like an animal in the wild. At least I got to test out the predatory skills I learned from carnivores."
"Can you put me down, please!" Yuu exclaims, her tail swishing around.
"Nope, I need to inspect my prey more. Besides, I wanna know how you went from human to mermaid," Rook responds, tightening his hold on Yuu. "Oh, I see your legs have returned. Feel free to kick me as many times as you want if you're still upset at me."
I can't kick you anyway. You'd just get off on it and probably cum in your pants from the sheer action. He really is a hunter in every way possible. The worst part is I can't use my powers while he's holding me because I'll turn into a mermaid.
"Please don't tell anyone..." Yuu mumbles, catching his attention. "I don't want others knowing I'm a mermaid. It'll cause more problems and I don't need anymore."
"Sure, darling," Rook says, kissing Yuu's hand. "I'll keep your secret till the day I die."