Treasure Hunter

"Anyone have an idea as to what we should do to raise money for RSA?" Yuu asks, looking at all the mergirls. "I'm taking any ideas. Anything really."

"I say that the four of us seduce a couple of those rich nobles or princes like Kalim and get the money that way," Riri suggests, earning her a glare from Emmeline. "They don't even have to remember us. We can sing a little siren song and secure the bag." 

"Absolutely not! Our siren song, particularly Yuu and I's, has caused enough trouble. The town is in the state it's in now partially because of my song," Cleora explains, getting up and beginning to pace around the room. "Let's try an idea that won't get us executed for extortion. How about we try playing the helpless damsel in distress? No one can resist a helpless princess."

"Now what are we going to do when they fall in love with the helpless damsel in distress, and then we have a rich prince with all the resources in the world to catch us and make us into his little mermaid that never leaves the palace because he's an obsessive-possessive lover!" Emmeline says, going on a tangent. 

"You've been reading those yandere boys x reader stories on Wattpadian again, haven't you?" Cleora asks, looking at Emmeline with a bit of concern and relatability. "Don't worry. I read those too. My favorite are the yandere princes x readers! Oh, to have a prince that loves my boring self so much that he wants to be with me 24/7!"

"Cleora, focus. We can talk about our concerning tastes in fanfiction and yandere works later. I say we do a bit of treasure hunting in the ocean and sell the shit we find, and I know just the guy to help us. Any objections?" Yuu vocalizes, writing on her notepad. "Ok then! Treasure hunting it is!"

"That's something I can deal with. Luckily, I know a few treasure-hunting spots," Emmeline says, standing up and smiling. "Now that we have a plan, can we please get out of this stupid containment room? It's 11:30 in the morning! The moon is gone now!" 

"Ah, right. I'll let you out now. Oh, and please be careful. I don't need more people knowing you're a mermaid, Yuu," Idia responds, clicking a couple of buttons.
~~~~~~~~
"Here's our first spot. We're at the border of the Coral Sea, the home of Atlantis, the birthplace of Ariel and the royal family. Valuable items are a guarantee here!" Emmeline squeals, swimming faster.

"If you can't tell, she's a huge history nerd. Especially when it comes to mermaids," Riri says, following Emmeline. "Emme! Look ahead! There's a shipwreck to the right!"

"I see something shiny!" Cleora exclaims, following the glimmer. 

Emmeline gets to the ship first and swings her tail against the door to burst it open. She and the other girls swim inside and find a door saying captain's quarters on them. The mergirls look at each other, and Riri opens the door, finding the source of light. 

"Wow, it's beautiful," Cleora coos, staring at the pearl necklace with blue magestones. 

Cleora touches the necklace, and the light becomes blinding. Something swirls out and stands in front of the mermaids. 

"Why, hello. I haven't seen a mermaid as pretty as you in a very long time," The mershark pirate flirts, stroking Cleora's cheek. "You must be who freed me from my prison."

"Yes, yes, I am. I'm terribly single and in desperate need of romance," Cleora flirts back, wrapping her tail around the pirate's.

"I guess I have no choice but to oblige to your requests. Name's Jake Cari, the most powerful pirate in the seven se-" Jake says, getting cut off by Emmeline putting the pearl necklace in the bag.

"Emme! What the fuck?! He was hot!" Cleora screams, immediately missing the admiration.  

"And centuries too old for you. Come on, let's go to the next spot. We can find you a boyfriend another time," Emmeline says, swimming out of an open window.