Mermaid Dreams

A/N: Hi! It's been such a long time since I've updated this. 

Where am I?

Yuu's hands fly to her neck as she realizes she's underwater and doesn't have a tail. Yuu swims to what she thinks is up, but it's so deep and dark you can't tell which way is left or right. As she swims upwards, light shines on Yuu, and suddenly, the dark abyss has turned into a vibrant sea with marine life everywhere you look. A hand touches Yuu's skin, and she pops her head out of the water to see Malleus.

"Malleus, where are we?" Yuu asks, letting Malleus put her into his arms.

"We're on vacation," Malleus replies, running his hands through Yuu's hair. "Do want to eat breakfast? I made some for you."

"Sure."

Malleus hands Yuu a shiny red apple, and she bites into it. It tastes so sweet, and she eats more like she needs it to live.

"Slow down, Yuu. I have more apples," Malleus laughs, kissing her cheek.

Maybe it was something in the apple, but sugar feels good. As if it was food from the highest of fae. Yuu eats more food until her belly is about to pop. She relaxes in Malleus's arms, too stuffed to move. Her mind turns into a blurry, euphoric mess, and suddenly she's kissing Malleus. Everything blurs together until she blacks out.

~~~~~~

"Ow!" Yuu whispers, feeling something soft hit her. "Grim? What are you do-"

As soon as Grim smacks her face into the moonlight, a familiar feeling overtakes Yuu's body. Malleus sleeps peacefully next to Yuu, and she silently sneaks out of his bed. She walks to the window in the hallway, staring at the dark pink and blue sea.

"Come on, we don't have much time left," Grim whispers, using his claw to pick the lock on the window open.

Yuu opens the window and jumps out of it. She runs toward the sea and sees the full moon's light shining on the pink water. Something sounds like it's shaking, and her pearl bracelet appears on her wrist. She jumps into the sea and transforms into a mermaid. Grim jumps in after her, and the sea bursts with light.

"Yuu?" Malleus mumbles, waking up from his sleep. "Yuu! Where are you?"

His eyes see the sea glow, and he teleports to the shore. His arrival is too late, and the sea returns to its usual blue.

"Ugh! Where could she have possibly gone?!" Malleus growls, his overblot form returning.

~~~~~~~

"Hold onto me!" Silver yells, grabbing Yuu and Grim. "Those I've met before, and those I'll meet someday...Come, and let us dream the same dream."

Suddenly, you're out of the water and flying in the sky.

"Ahh! Silver, where are we?" You scream, wiggling your tail around.

The sky is pastel pink with clouds all over. There's a flock of red birds flying towards the sun.

"Flying into another person's dream!" Silver answers, holding onto both of you tight.

When the winds stop, Yuu, Grim, and Silver end up in what looks like Diasomnia.

"How'd you find us, Silver?" Yuu asks, holding onto Silver.

"I saw a bird that emitted rainbow-colored light, and when I followed it, I arrived in Grim's dream. Then, when I got to Grim, the bird led me to a beach where Grim jumped in the water and found you. We made a plan to get you out, and the rest is history," Silver explains, putting Yuu onto a nearby rock.

"What do you mean you "arrived in Grim's dream"?" Yuu asks, trying to dry her tail off. "And why won't my tail go away?!"

"My unique magic, "Meet Me in a Dream," lets me go into other people's dreams. That space we were flying through is what I call the Corridor of Dreams. As for the tail, I don't have an answer for that," Silver answers, handing you his dorm uniform jacket.

"That's pretty cool, Silver. But where are we exactly?"

"Someone else's dream. I don't know who, but they must be close since I can see the light emitting off of them. Maybe we can find Father and ask if he knows a way out?"

"Sounds like a good plan."

Yuu's tail disappears, and she hugs her legs with joy. She and Grim follow Silver inside Diasomnia and see Sebek running towards them.

"SILVER, IS THIS WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU EVERYWHERE!" Sebek yells, making Grim and Yuu cover their ears.

"Calm down, Sebek. You'll break a mirror again," Silver scolds, rubbing his temple.

"Hey! What are Yuu and Grim doing here?" Sebek questions, hugging Yuu and Grim. "You should come with us. His Majesty will be pleased to see you both."

Sebek drags Yuu to the common room, and she sees Lilia and Malleus. Her eyes lock onto Malleus's, but she looks away.

"I'm glad you could attend our pep rally for our internships, Yuu," Lilia says, giving Yuu a party belt.

"We have plenty of treats available. Enjoy yourself," Malleus says, handing Yuu a red drink.

"So, Lilia isn't going away anymore?" Yuu whispers to Grim.

"I thought Lilia was dropping out because he couldn't use magic anymore," Grim says a bit too loud.

"Are you referring to Lilia?" Malleus asks.

"You must've confused me with Leona," Lilia says, making Yuu raise her eyebrow.

"Yes, I'm sure that lion probably slept off most of his magic by now," Malleus says, making Yuu confused.

"Damn, what did he do to make them niggas that mad?" Yuu thinks, sipping her drink. "Just petty as hell."

"You wretched beast! Don't slander Sir Lilia like this! Sir Lilia would never do that!" Sebek screams, making Grim's ears fold.

"Oh, shut up and stop yelling in my ear! Besides, we're still in the dream right now, right?" Grim mewls, jumping into your arms. "I don't know what's going on anymore."

"A dream? Did you guys take a catnap with Silver or something? Are the two of you still half-asleep? What are we going to do with you two once we go to our internships? I'm going to the Land of Red Dragons for an archaeological dig. Meanwhile, Lilia is interning at a company that makes magical assistive devices in the Kingdom of Heroes," Malleus says, smiling at Yuu.

"I know this man didn't just try to gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss me?" Yuu thinks, her mouth agape.

"I'm so glad you're impressed by our internships!" Malleus squeals, clasping Yuu's hands. "Maybe you can visit me sometime, and we can do a dig together?"

"Yeah, sure," Yuu lies, doing the classic "This fucking weirdo" smile a girl gives.