Wash Day

Finally, wash day is here, and I can get all this yucky stuff out of my hair.

Yuu shakes her matted brown curly hair and takes her Wet brush into the shower. Her sea moss and seawater hair product collection are lined up against the shower's wall, ready to be used.

"Alright, let's do this," Yuu says, stripping her clothes and getting under the shower head. "The hot water feels so ni-"

Yuu transforms into a mermaid and falls, making her haircare products shake.

"I forgot I'm a mermaid," Yuu monotonously says, sitting herself up so she can turn around and put her hair under the water.

Malleus opens the door, seeing Yuu and her tail in the bathtub.

"I figured you would need some help," Malleus states, pulling out a brush only a white person could use.

"Malleus, that brush will not go through my hair. Use the blue Wet brush on the tub." Yuu replies, flipping her hair out of her face. "I will warn you. Your hands might get caught in my hair."

"I'm sure that will not be a problem, Child of man. Or Child of the sea, now?" Malleus responds, taking the Wet brush and brushing Yuu's hair from the root.

"Start from the end! Start from the end!" Yuu panics as she can feel the brush gets stuck.

Malleus brushes from the ends and works up to Yuu's roots. Once all the kinks and tangles are out, he puts some sea moss and seawater shampoo in his hands. He rubs the blue liquid into Yuu's long hair and watches as it becomes filled with soap suds.

"Child of man, your hair is most interesting. It's very thick and curly, and not only that, but you need all these products to maintain it."

Yuu relaxes as she enjoys Malleus massaging her scalp with shampoo.

"My hair comes with being a black person. Trust me, if you went to my world, you'd see more people with hair like mine."

"You are black? Your skin is not black?"

"Oh right, you wouldn't know what that is. Being black means I am of African descent in my country. Which is why my hair is so curly and why my skin is brown."

"What is African?"

"It means you're from the continent of Africa."

"What is Africa?"

"A continent on my homeworld. You know what. I will make this easier for you and say that the closest thing to Africa in Twisted Wonderland is Afterglow Savanna."

"Oh, that makes sense. Some beastmen have your hair texture. Do you want me to rinse the shampoo out?"

"Yes, and can you put the conditioner in my hair afterward?"

Malleus rinses the shampoo out and grabs one of the conditioner bottles.

"Which one do you want? Leave in conditioner or just conditioner?" Malleus asks, tapping Yuu on the shoulder.

"Just conditioner," Yuu answers, sitting up so Malleus can condition all her hair.

"As you wish, Yuu."

Malleus begins to condition Yuu's hair and enjoys the smell of the sea-based hair products. After he finishes, Yuu takes the opportunity to shower herself and kicks him out for 15 minutes.

"Child of man, it has been 15 minutes," Malleus says, knocking on the door. "May I come back in?"

"Sure, I already washed the conditioner out. Can you put the leave-in-conditioner in my hair?" Yuu says,  getting the last of the conditioner out.

Malleus walks in, grabs the leave-in-conditioner, and begins to lather each section of Yuu's hair. He carries Yuu out of the shower and dries her off. Yuu returns to her human form, revealing her naked body to him.

"I didn't know hair could be curly down there too," Malleus comments, making Yuu flush.

"Get out!" Yuu yells, using her powers to send Malleus flying out the door.

Two hours later, Yuu finishes using her Denny brush to curl her hair even more and heads out wearing shorts and a wet tank top. She spies Malleus downstairs and heads to him so his fire can dry her hair quickly.

"Malleus, could you dry my hair using your fire?" Yuu asks, taking off her towel.

"How improper! Wearing a wet shirt that's see-through in front of Waka-sama!" Sebek yells, making Yuu annoyed.

"Oh shut up, you self-hating mulatto! Anyway, can you help me? My hair takes like two days to try even with a blow dryer," Yuu replies, flipping her hair over her head.

"Sure thing, Yuu. Try not to get burned." Malleus puts Yuu on a spinning chair and rapidly spins her around as he blasts fire.

"I want to help Waka-sama too!" Sebek shouts, waking Silver up.

Yuu rolls her eyes and hugs her knees for balance. Sebek, Silver, and Lilia suddenly show up with blow dryers and surround Yuu as Malleus blows his fire. Heat cyclones around Yuu, and she starts to feel sleepy. The chair stops spinning, and Yuu's hair looks so long and has so much volume it's like her own lion's mane. 

"Thank you, everyone," Yuu says, wobbling around.

"Your hair is very strange. It looks like spirals." Sebek comments, staring down Yuu's hair. "How can I achieve such a pattern in my hair?"

"Umm...get a perm?" Yuu suggests while shaking her head.

"Your hair reminds me of a girl someone gifted me a long time ago. She dressed in rags but was so beautiful. I made her a fae after a couple of years, but we have since gone our separate ways after centuries. I wonder if she has internet?" Lilia rambles, making the room go silent.

"I don't know why, but something in that sentence sounded offensive," Silver says, sharing a look of cringe and confusion with everyone else.