Bad News For Yanice & Deliah

A minor squabble broke out between my consorts until Korr intervened and suggested that me being seen in Haven would be diplomatically advantageous for what he had planned, and he also suggested Asund go along since it would keep Haven guessing. Afterall, Asund was a wolf, and the Lord-Wolf hadn't declared Asund "other" in Haven and created two factions of wolves.

"Just let them wonder if everything is going according to plan," Korr had said impishly before kissing me briefly and heading back upstairs.

Itek had said he was going to go the High Temple to investigate the Archives that apparently were below it, and extended much of the length of Haven. As an Ambassador, he couldn't be refused entry, but he fully expected to not be popular with the Librarians there as he started making requests for obscure records that may or may not been eons old for an enclave time had forgotten at least a few centuries ago.

Ormiss went to go change into his array of skirts and necklaces. Asund produced a dress of a light, soft cotton dyed a delicate pink, and had been trimmed with fluttery ruffles and creamy ribbons from the collection of attire Korr and Itek and Ethat had procured for me from back when I'd been their "pet." I left my hair down, but combed it out.

Ormiss rustled into my room just as I was finishing de-tangling my hair. My heart skipped--he was back in a long skirt the color of deep sea water, low around his hips, and his profusion of necklaces, with the trinket sitting higher on his throat, center of all of them. His black-and-red hair was twisted into an ornate arrangement speared through with pins made of shark bones.

"You look very soft," he said.

"Do I?" I ran my hand down my hair. It had gotten longer. Usually I hacked it short before it got too far down my back, but I hadn't thought about it. After having kept it tied up and back or what-not while we were traveling, it felt strange to actually have it falling around me in pale gold waves. The summer sun had bleached it to a shade of gold that was almost silvery, but still streaked through with some wheat-colored clumps.

Ormiss approached and caressed his hands down my arms as he admired me. A smile lingered on his handsome face. "Yes. Very soft."

Asund leaned down and murmured, "It's a compliment."

I smiled and brushed some hair behind my ear. I flinched as my fingertips grazed my scars.

"Are they bothering you?" Asund asked.

"I'm not sure." I felt along the scar. It wasn't like I had enjoyed touching my scars before. Maybe I was just more aware of them now, although I had picked the one over my shoulder raw.

Ormiss bent and kissed me lightly. "I would rather stay here and please you than run this errand."

I shivered all over. "But we need to bring Korr his pearl powder."

"It could wait," Ormiss purred, drawing me closer.

"Or you could wait for her leg to heal," Asund said.

Ormiss kissed my neck. His hands ran down my back. "Don't worry, wolf, I will be gentle with her. You may supervise."

"We have an errand to run," I told Ormiss softly. He was starting to get hard against me, and his fingertips sent little jolts through my skin as he held me tighter, his breath hotter against my skin. I wriggled and broke his focus. "Ormiss. Errand."

He did not release me, but did re-focus on my face. He stepped away, and glanced at Asund. His gaze flicked up and down, and a slight smirk curled his lips. Asund glared right back. I pretended I didn't notice for all his grousing, Asund's cock was trying to escape his pants for a better look. He looked rather like a grumpy corsair confronted with an unwanted, insolent passenger. His wild, uncut gray cloud of hair and carelessly unsecured linen top that fell open around his shoulders, exposing his strong chest and the simple gold thorn suspended from a leather thong around his neck. The cuffs of the tip were also unsecured, the ties dangling as he folded his arms and frowned at Ormiss, exposing his iron-strong wrists and forearms laced with veins and sinew.