Once & Forever (again)

"Of course not," Itek said, practically squirming.

I touched my throat. The collar had been somewhat degrading (and silly), but I sort of enjoyed having pieces of them close to me. That was dumb, though, because they were right there, but how could I show Haven I was theirs. I got that the collar and scales and feathers had been the exact same thing as a brand or tag on a hunting dog, but my trinket didn't match theirs. Not exactly. I wished for something else that made it more clear...

That was probably stupid. I should keep that to myself before they thought I was any dumber than I already was.

Ormiss clicked his teeth at Itek, and they shared a mutual shake of the head like they understood something, and Asund looked mildly dissatisfied. None of them elaborated on whatever they didn't approve of.

Asund turned me around to face him. "You look beautiful."

"Do I?"

"Yes." He kissed me lightly, but then lingered, then his tongue gently teased my lips, parting them in a way that sent a shudder through my body, and my pussy instantly got wet.

"Tsk, tsk, wolf," Itek chided, parting us as Asund growled at him, "we have a task."

"Captain," Ormiss added. "Really. Professionalism, please."

Asund flipped them the finger with each hand. Itek smirked in his I-know-everything way.

Korr returned up the stairs, dragging an unwilling, human-form Ethat by the arm while Ethat hung onto him like an angry child. He stopped at the last step. The rolled scroll dangled from a long blue silk cord around his neck. He just had on his blue silk bound clothing. "We're ready. To the roof."

"Why the roof?" I asked.

"We have to make our grand entrance, of course."

"Um...does that mean I have to fly?"

"Well, love, you can't fly," Itek said. "But you may throw your leg over me and see what happens."

"Like you dropping me again?" I asked sweetly.

"One time I drop you. One time."

"Once and forever, as they say."

"Who says that?"

I sighed and threw up my hands. "Wedding vows. When you get your trinket. Once and forever. Korr's said it."

"I have never said that," Korr said.

"I am sure you have said it."

"I'm sure I've said those exact words, but I've never said it in the context you mean."

No, I was dead sure Korr had said that to me. I tried to place when and where he'd said it, but came up empty. And I was sure I'd been told that before. I'd heard it plenty of times. There was also someone else who had said it... I prodded the peculiar memory like grasping around in a dark closet. I could hear the voice saying it to me, but there was nothing else.

But we had to go. I dismissed it all and set it aside in my head. "Fine. But do I really have to ride Itek?"

"Yes," Itek said smugly.

"I will walk, thank you." Ormiss said, summoning his staff. "It sounds like a lovely day for a procession. Asund?"

"Agreed," Asund said.

Itek looped his arm around me before I could follow them out. A wedding procession sounded almost as bad as flying. You'd think I'd have gotten over flying, but I still hated it.