0ooooorrrmisssss !!! NSFW !!! 0_o

Right. He just wanted me to ask so badly. To buy time, I trailed my fingers in the water's surface. "So can I tell you what parts of my body you can touch?"

His slow grin heated up a couple of degrees. "That's not usually how it's done."

"Well, I don't know you, so I don't know if I can trust you with my entire body." I flicked the water a bit, not looking at him and pretending the water was way more interesting. It sort of was: it was barely tainted at all. I was so used to water that was sort of tainted that to have water barely tainted was novel, and my skin felt amazing.

And if I looked at him, I was going to fall under the spell of watching water slide along his chiseled body, the way his long red-and-black hair slipped around him, and the strange smoldering dark of his black-and-red eyes.

He had abducted me and my other consorts. He didn't deserve sex for it.

"And something tells me you're something of a shameless bed-hopping flea," I added.

"You presume I confined myself to beds."

Now I looked at him. "Really?"

"Dear consort, if you think a bed is the only suitable place—"

"That's not what I meant."

"Oh, you were implying I was promiscuous," he said. He rolled his neck on his shoulders, somehow flexing all the little muscles you don't normally notice but oh, shit, I noticed them. "I suppose you will hear a lot of murmuring in court. So I suppose my promiscuity is up for scrutiny—"

"Mmm."

"But it was just an effort to—"

"Get laid?"

"No, to hone my skills," he said, flicking one hand back and forth and weaving a pattern of red-pink stars. They sank into the water like embers. "I spent a great deal of time on land with as wide a variety of females as I could so I could hone my skills for my eventual consort. Hippocamp males are nothing if not obscenely devoted. The most devoted all species."

"There are four males of different species in your dungeon that would disagree with you."

"And I look forward to proving myself right in all things."

"You are utterly insufferable."

He twirled his own fingers in the water. "I think you should look at me."

Lacking any good reason to not look at him, I did so. Color burned on my cheeks.

"Are you a virgin?" he asked like it hadn't occurred to him.

"No," I said. "Well. Not exactly."

"Not exactly? How is one not exactly a virgin?"

"I've only ever been with one person," I said. "And he might not even have been real."

"Just one, and he may not even have been real? What a shame. How fortunate the gods granted you me. And the other four. And that we are very real." His smirk turned extra sly.

I tried not to squirm as the warmth between my thighs became hotter than the water I was in, and somehow slicker and wetter.

He shoved off the wall and swam to my side of the basin. The water swirled around use, raking my thighs and nipples like caresses. Was that him? I gasped. "That's cheating!"

"What is?" he asked as he slid alongside me, but not touching me. He studied my face and whispered, "Do you need my touch so badly that even the caress of water assaults your skin with hunger?"