Platform nine and three quarter

Here I was, standing on platform nine and three quarters, alone. I was about to face one of the scariest thing a 14 year old girl can ever face: transferring to a new school. I was starting my first, well fourth, year at Hogwarts.

    I used to be in beauxbaton academy, but after my mom passed away, she was killed by deatheaters for being a muggleborn, I had to move to London where my dad's work is. He works in the department of security at the ministry of magic. When my mom was still here I lived in Paris, and my dad used to come and go from London, but since she is not anymore, well it would be just easier if my dad and I just moved in London.

     My sister though stayed in France, she is in her last year of study, and being old enough she can live on her own, plus she didn't want to have to go through the whole transfer thing just for 1year.  It was definitely going to be hard starting this whole thing without her. She had always been with me throughout the years and I can't imagine living without her.

   So here I am on my own. I only know one person in Hogwarts, Cedric digory, my best friend since we were kids. I don't see him very often but our moms are, well no, were best friends so we saw each other during every holiday. I saw him at the other side of the platform, he was there with all his friends, god he has grown during the past year. He was giggling and having fun with his friends, not wanting to bother him I got into the train and found an empty spot where I could seat. 

     A few minutes later I saw a boy, with platinum hair and grey eyes, he was wearing his school robes, green they were, so I guessed he was a sltytherin. My dad told me all about the houses and told me that I did not want to end up in this one. However I could not help but get butterflies in my stomach when he laid his eyes on me. We had the longest eye contact one could have until he kept on walking seeing this carriage was not free.

    I was still thinking about him when I heard a girl asking me if the seats besides me where free. She had light brown frizzy hair, and was with a redhead boy and another guy who I recognized right away, with his round glasses and scar in shape of a lightning bolt.

"I'm sorry but everywhere else is full, I'm Hermione, and this is Harry and Ron" she said whilst pointing at the two boys besides her.

" It's fine " I replied "I'm Elizabeth nice to meet you".

"What year are you in, I never saw you before" asked Ron.

" oh um, I'm starting my fourth year, but I transferred from beauxbaton, that's why".

"Oh okay that makes sense" answered Ron.

   We spent the entire way there talking. They told me all about Hogwarts and how I should not be scared because it was all going to go down well. However they did tell me to pray that I won't end up in slytherin, because that could be rather awful.
   I was kinda reassured seing that I had already made a few friends, like that I wouldn't have to be in my own

A/n note:
Hi I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter it is kinda short but I am rather busy. I will normally post at least one chapter every day, if not more. Please note that English is not my first language so apologies.