Cold

The ball was in one week and Draco still hadn't ask me to go with him. I really thought he would. It was getting kind of problematic though, I did not want to go in my own. Hopefully Fred promised me that he would take me if he didn't ask. The days had started to get colder here at Hogwarts, and snow had covered the grounds.

I was coming back from hogsmead with Harry, Ron and Hermione. I was freezing, I had forgotten my coat back in my dorms. It was a really cold day. Me and my friends went to honeydukes and bought a few sweets. Then we went for a nice butter beer in the three broomsticks.

I noticed Draco, walking on his own a few feet away from us.

" hey do you guys mind ?" I asked pointing to him.

" no of course leave your friends to go with your new boyfriend" said Ron. They still weren't happy with me being friends with him.

" very funny Ronald, I'll see you guys later" I mocked him, running towards Draco.

I grabbed his shoulders.

" hey draco!" I exclaimed reaching him.

" oh hey you, are you good?"

" yes I'm great you?"

" marvelous, aren't you cold?" He asked noticing I wasn't wearing a coat.

" Oh um yes a little, but I forgot my coat back at school"

" here have mine "

he said starting to take of his jacket

" Oh no no don't, I'm fine "

" Please Elizabeth, don't be ridiculous, you look freezing"

" no but really, I don't want YOU to be the one freezing"

"don't worry about me, I have a big jumper" he took of his coat and placed it on my shoulders. It truly was ten times too big for me.

I could hear Hermione mumbling " this is outrageous, what is she going to do next, snogg him in the middle of the common room?"

I didn't react in any way. I did not want to start any trouble, so I just ignore her. But god I wanted to turn around and punch her right in her little perfect face.

"There you go" said Draco, tapping my shoulders nicely.

" thanks Draco"

" so what did you do in hogsmead?"

" well I went for a butter beer with the others, and stopped by honeydukes, you?"

" oh um I was suppose to meet my dad, but he didn't show up"

" oh merlin Draco I'm so sorry"

" it's okay don't worry, I'm kind of used to it" gosh poor Draco.

"Here this will cheer you up" I exclaimed taking out a chocolate frog and handing it to him

" oh thank you Elizabeth, I appreciate it" I smiled at him and took out one frog from myself

" so have you found a date for the ball yet?" He asked stuffing the chocolate into his mouth.

" um no I have not, but I might go with Fred if no one asks me"

I said this, trying to show him that I was almost taken, to rush him to ask me a little bit

" you asked someone?"

" no not yet" well good, this was what I hoped he would answer.

We finished walking back to the castle. He accompanied me all the way to the door of the common room.

" so I'll see you later Draco, and thank you for the coat again" I said giving it back to him.

"Anytime Elizabeth " I started walking away.

"Hey Elizabeth?" He stopped me

" go away Draco, shouldn't you be in your own common room?" Exclaimed Harry walking back.

" shut up Harry, what is it Draco?"

" um no never mind, I'll see you"

" oh um okay, see you Draco" I walked away disappointed.

" hey Elizabeth, has he asked you yet?" Asked Fred .

" no still hasn't" I answered

"oh I'm sorry French girl."

" it's fine, besides, that means you're are going to have to take me!" I exclaimed.

" oh yeah, well what makes you think I want to take you anyways?"

" oh come on, I know you're dying to take me to this thing"

" how did you know " he winked at me.

" so Elizabeth Hugo, will you go to the Yule ball with me?"

" I would love to Fred Weasley" I laughed and hugged him.

I was of course disappointed not going to the ball with him, but I was sure I was going to have a great time with Fred.