I Never Existed

I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend, but I don't want to be with him anymore. He doesn't make me feel loved at all. That's when I found someone else, but I just can't tell him I don't want to be with him anymore. I hate being that one person to break things off, I physically can't do it. Julian is a great guy, but Christian makes me happier. He doesn't show me love like Christian. We don't really talk to each other much, like the love is gone. I know I need to break it off..I don't know how. Fuck. Fuck love. I hate it.

I walked into our apartment and he was sitting on the couch watching tv. I set my keys down on the kitchen counter and slowly walked up to him.

Y/n: "Um..hey, Julian. Can we talk?"

Julian: "Yeah, what's up?"

Y/n: "Um.." I choked. "There's no easy way of saying this but..."

Julian: "But you want to break up with me!?"

Y/n: "Yeah..I just-"

Julian: "No, why? I love you, Y/n."

Y/n: "No you don't. We don't talk anymore. We don't go out anymore. We don't love each other like we used to, Julian. Tell me why is that?"

Julian: "Uh-"

Y/n: "Exactly my point. There is no reason why we should be together if it's not for love. Definitely hell not for lust either. I'm sorry, but it's over."

I went into our bedroom and packed my things. He came in running after me.

Julian: "Baby, please. Don't go."

Y/n: "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be with someone who doesn't love me."

Julian: "You know what, fine. Go and tell this motherfucker I never existed. I hope he treats you like shit to prove that I loved you more." He ran out of the bedroom and walked off out to the patio.

I hurriedly gathered my things and walked out the door. I called Christian as soon as I got in my car.

Christian: "Hey, are you alright?"

Y/n: "Yeah, I'm okay. It was just hard for me to break it off. He didn't take it very well, but I managed to get out quickly."

Christian: "Well, Cmon over and we can talk about it if you want. If not, we can just chill and watch movies."

Y/n: "Okay, sounds great. Thank you, Christian. I do appreciate it."

Christian: "Of course, love. I'll see you soon. I love you."

Y/n: "I love you, too."

After a long hour and a half drive, I finally made it to Christians. His place is really nice.

Christian: "Hey! You can just set your stuff down by the couch, I'll help you with that later

Christian: "Hey! You can just set your stuff down by the couch, I'll help you with that later."

Y/n: "Hey Christian, thank you, I couldn't have gotten out of that relationship if it wasn't for you." I hugged him. God, his hugs are warm.

Christian: "It's no problem. Are you sure you are okay sleeping alone tonight?"

Y/n: "Yes, I will be fine." I assured him.

Christian: "Okay, well, let's get you something to eat." He went on his phone and was ordering DoorDash. "What do you want?"

Y/n: "Oooh, I want...Steak N' Shake, I'm really craving a Cookies and Cream shake."

Christian: "Okay, sounds good." He laughed.

- After Dinner -

Y/n: "Thank you for dinner." I smiled at him, as we were watching tv in the living room.

Christian: "You're welcome."

I soon felt my face getting warmer and we were both leaning into each other. Then our lips connected and there were sparks like it was the 4th of July. He held the side of my face with his palm and I caressed his hair. We broke off the kiss and looked at each other.

Christian: "..Y/n. Will you officially be my girlfriend?"

Y/n: "Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend." We both smiled at each other.

Christian: "Fuck Julian, you're only mine now." He grabbed my hand and got up from the couch, pulling me over to where there was room for us to walk.

He put on a playlist and "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur began playing and he started singing along. He had his hands on my waist and my arms were wrapped around his neck. We slowly started dancing to the song.

I met you in the dark, you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough
We danced the night away, we drank too much
I held your hair back when you were throwing up
Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone cold sooner
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya, I think that you should get some rest
I knew I loved you then, but you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I knew I needed you but I never showed
But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go, just say you won't let go
I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed
I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head
And I'll take the kids to school, wave them goodbye
And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night
When you looked over your shoulder
For a minute, I forget that I'm older
I wanna dance with you right now, oh
And you look as beautiful as evert
And I swear that every day you'll get better
You make me feel this way somehow
I'm so in love with you and I hope you know
Darling your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far my dear, look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go, just say you won't let go
I wanna live with you even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most
I'm gonna love you till my lungs give out
I promise 'til death we part, like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you, now everybody knows
Thats is just you and me until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go, just say you won't let go
Just say you won't let go, oh, just say you won't let go

We slow danced throughout the whole song as he sang. He has such a beautiful voice.

Christian: "I love you, Y/n."

Y/n: "I love you, too, Christian."