Street Tennis

The next day I went over to Ryoma's house to meet up with him. It was a Saturday so he didn't have school today. It was ten and he hadn't contacted me. I was worried. But then again, he was probably just sleeping as usual. He takes after Nanjiro in that way. I'd never tell him that to his face, but it's true, and I think he knows it.
"Nanjiro-san!" I shouted as I knocked on the door. "Open up!"
"Jeez! Jeez!" Nanjiro scowled as he shoved the door open and let me in. As soon as I stepped into the house he ran away and started reading his magazines. Probably his same old pervert ones.
"Ryoma!" I yelled as I started making my way up stairs. "You better be up!"

Echizen Ryoma's P.O.V

I blinked groggily as I heard a voice yelling my name.
"Ryoma!" Y/n's voice shouted. "You better be up!"
I scrambled out of bed and had barely gotten dressed before she pushed open the door. I jumped on my bed and threw my hat on right as she stepped in.
"I"M UP!" I shouted at Y/n.
"Good. We're going to go play street tennis," Y/n smirked.
"Street tennis," I whined. "But that's not fun. Everyone's easy for me to beat."
"But it's fun," Y/n retorted. "I wanna go!"
I sighed. "Alright. Fine. If that's what you want. Be my guest."
She jumped in the air in a small victory dance and then hugged my tightly before throwing me my stuff and then grabbing her own stuff and running out my door before pausing, turning back, grabbing my hand and dragging me out with her.

Y/n's P.O.V

Jeez. Ryoma was such a party pooper. Meh. I don't really care. As long as he's mine, I'm happy.
"Let's go!" I shouted, dragging him towards the street courts. I pulled out my racket and started doing warmups.
"Hey, let's play," a guy challenged me. He looked like he was in ninth grade. I shook my head.
"Too easy," I sighed. He growled at me and then looked up and smirked.
"If I'm too easy for you, then why don't you go challenge one of them for a game?" the guy smirked.
I shrugged. "Okay."
I turned to face whoever he was talking about and laughed out loud.
"Eiji-senpai!" I shouted. "Do any of you wanna play a game with me?!"
"Hai, Y/n!" Eiji shouted.
"Doubles or singles?" I asked.
"Doubles!" Eiji shouted. "Wait. Who's gonna be your partner?"
"He is!" I shouted, grabbing Ryoma and thrusting him towards our senpais. He tipped his hat at them before turning back to his rackets and starting to warm up.
"But Echizen can't play doubles. He got in trouble one time for playing doubles for the first time with Momo," Eiji whined.
"Why are we doing this, Eiji?" Oishi asked.
He shrugged. "Y/n wanted to."
"He told me to play one of you," I shrugged, pointing at the kid who had suggested it. "Besides, this 'oughta be fun, right?"
"Hai!" Eiji shouted, jumping up and down. "Let's do this, Chibis!"
I grinned and thrusted my racket into the air. "Hai!"
"Oh, well," Ryoma shrugged as he stepped forwards.
"Dibs on net!" I shouted, running forwards.
"How are those two dating?" Fuji chuckled.
"I agree. They seem to be complete opposites of one another," Inui nodded.

Shusuke Fuji's P.O.V

"Why's Ryoma-san playing doubles?" Tomoko's voice asked. "And with a random girl we don't know?!" She seemed so frustrated. I chuckled at her with my smile.
"Y/n dragged Echizen-kun into it," I explained.
"But why's he playing with a random girl?" Tomoko scowled.
"A random girl?" Inui asked. I shook my head at him, trying to get him to not tell her until after the match. I'm not sure how Tomoko-kun would react. She was a bit possesive of who knew Echizen.
"Y/n's not a random girl. She's from America. She appears to be Echizen's girlfriend as well. Though, I'm not sure how much of that is true," Inui continued, ignoring my advice. I sighed and then turned to look at Tomoko. She wasn't there anymore.
I turned to look at the court and saw Tomoko running at Y/n. Echizen's eyes widened for a split second before he served. Right in front of Tomoko, causing her to stop in her tracks so she wouldn't be hit by it.
"Thanks, Ryoma!" Yn shouted, waving at him with a bright smile.
Echizen nodded back at her and scowled at Tomoko.
"Sakuno-san!" Tomoko shouted, storming off the court. "Ryoma-san has a girlfriend!"
"Ryoma-san . . . has a girlfriend?" Sakuno said, her heart shattering. I could see it in her eyes.
"He even nearly hit me with a tennis ball to protect her!" Tomoko wailed.
I turned back to the match, already knowing what would happen. Sakuno would get her heart broken, Tomoko would continue wailing and complain about it, and all the while Echizen would ignore them both. I sighed as I watched the match. Echizen was playing great in doubles. It's sort of surprising seeing how he played that one time with Momo in street tennis.
In the end, Echizen and Y/n won the doubles match against Seigaku's famed Golden Pair, earning roars of approval and love from everyone who had gathered to watch.

Y/n's P.O.V.

"We won!" I shouted, raising my hand in the air for Ryoma to high-five. He obliged and lightly slapped his hand on mine before walking off court and packing his stuff back up.
"Ryoma," I pouted. "You're not going home already, are you?"
"Hai," Ryoma replied. "I'm going home. Doubles is too hard to play."
"No," I wailed."Ryoma!!!! PLEASE!" I latched onto his arm and refused to let go. He looked down at me and frowned. And finally, with a loud sigh, he set his bags down and then waited for me to let go.
"I'm not letting go," I said. "You're comfy." Fuji laughed quietly to himself and Inui started furiously writing notes.
"Looky! Chibi's girlfriend!" Eiji shouted, happily bouncing towards up before hugging both of us tightly. Momo joined in a second later and I laughed loudly.
"Oi, Fuji-senpai, take a picure, would you?" I asked as I tossed him my phone. He nodded and held the camera up, taking a few shots before handing it back to me. I smiled as I looked at the pictures. Ryoma and I were right in the center with both Eiji and Momo on either side of us.
"Thank you, Fuji-senpai!" I shouted happily as I saved the photo and then added it to my "to be framed" album.
He nodded at me and then looked down at his phone as he got a text.
"I need to go," Fuji said before quickly packing up and leaving. Pretty soon, Inui, Kaido, Taka and Oishi all followed behind him, leaving Ryoma and i wondering what was happening.
Eiji looked down at his phone and showed it to me.
"Practice!" Eiji shouted. "Just the upperclassmen! I'm late! Sorry! Gotta go! See ya, Chibis!" he sprinted away after the rest of the other regulars. Momo quickly followed him.
I looked over at Ryoma and sighed.
"Today was fun," I said.
He nodded. "Hai."
"We should do this again," I said.
He paused. " . . . hai." He said yes! I grinned and then grabbed his hand and led him to the benches.
"Let's go. We can't play against any regulars anymore so we should just go back home. Ooh, can I go to your house instead?" I nagged.
"If you like a perverted Otosan," Ryoma said, referring to his father.
"Nanjiro's not that bad. You just don't like him because you can't beat him," I teased, flicking his hat.
He scowled.
"Let's just get going," Ryoma said abruptly. I nodded, following him as he started packing up and walking.