Fudomine

It took a month and a half for my wrist to recover from being broken. Sakuno continued to avoid me, I never told Ryoma how it actually broke, and the tournaments were coming up. Specifically the Tokyo District Preliminary Tournament. Our first round was against a school called Gyokurin. They were actually really easy to beat. The matches were quick and swift and we won 6-love in every game except for Momo and Ryoma. The two of them did doubles for this round because some street tennis kids had won a game against them in doubles and they wanted revenge in this tournament. They got it by playing singles in a doubles game, splitting the court in two and covering one side. Other than that little mishap, everyone else won the games easily.
I don't think there were any difficulties. Well, except for the last game.
This one seems harder. Nobody had ever heard of this team, Fudomine they call themselves. Inui says that they got eliminated last time because of some sort of beat up, maybe they got beaten up or they beat someone up. Inui has no data on them and nobody's seen them before. I heard the the reporter Inoue-sama was trying to get some news on Fudomine, but so far they gone undefeated in the tournament and they won't let Inoue-sama do any reports on last year.
I walked next to Ryoma as we left the courts before the other regulars and sat on a bench. He bought me a Ponta and got one for himself as well. I leaned back on the bench and my eyes opened as I heard a familiar sound. Ryoma bouncing a ball on the edge of his racket. And he was drinking his Ponta as well, not even looking.
"Looks like Echizen's causing trouble again," I heard Momo exclaim. I frowned and looked up, seeing an unfamiliar team standing in front of us and the last person in line doing the same trick as Ryoma.
I looked over at Ryoma and he shrugged, continuing to bounce the ball on the racket to annoy the blue haired teen on the team.
"Fudomine!" Eiji suddenly shouted. I frowned and looked at their uniforms. I elbowed Ryoma and he frowned at me.
"Ryoma," I sighed. "C'mon!" I grabbed his elbow and started dragging him away. He complained the entire hundred feet to the other Regulars as I dragged him. I saw the blue haired boy from Fudomine shoot daggers at Ryoma before having to follow the rest of his team to prepare for our match.
So that was the team we're playing next. Fudomine.
They seem like a good team. And that one player, Ryoma will enjoy beating him if they go against each other. I can already tell that for sure.
Doubles 2 Fuji and Taka-san played. They won the game 5-3.
Doubles 1 was the golden pair, Eiji and Oishi. They seemed to win pretty easily to, taking the game 6-2.
And then for Singles 3 it was Kaido against a player called Kamio. It was a hard game for Kaido, I could see that easily. Kamio was quick on his feet and had stamina. In fact, Kamio could even return Kaido's snake shots because he could get there before it went out. I don't know when Kaido started his comeback, but he won the game 7-5.
And then for Singles 2 it was Ryoma against Ibu Shinji. I blinked as the blue haired teen from earlier stepped onto court with Ryoma. He seemed serious about this match. After all, Ryoma had embarrassed him earlier. The game started off pretty evenly matched until Shinji started using one of his techniques. And the thing is, Ryoma never saw it until they hit him. It was called the spot. By switching the spin on the ball back and forth between a topspin and a backspin, it made Ryoma's arm go numb.
And then sometime in the game, Ryoma attempted to hit the ball back, while he had the affects of the spot, by twisting his body to add more force.
Instead, the racket slipped right out of his hands and hit the post of the net, rebounding and richochetting right back at him, hitting him in the eye. I flinched and then Sakuno ran out onto the court and knelt down beside Ryoma. He was on his hands and knees with his eye closed. Sakuno tried to give Ryoma a handkerchief so he could wipe the blood off but, as usual, he shooed her away like every other girl.
"Get off the court," Ryoma said. "Only the players are allowed on the court when the match is in progress." Sakuno finally got off the court and Ryoma came over to the benches. And Tezuka was being stricter.
"Ten minutes, Echizen. I'll give you ten minutes to finish the game. And if you don't, you default," Tezuka said as Ryoma finished with the white bandage over his eye. He was lucky it cut his eyelid and not his actual eye.
As he stepped onto the court once again, the match started and the clock started ticking.
Ryoma played hard, taking back game after game until it finally ended 6-3. The clock had wasted nearly ten minutes. I believe Tezuka said it was 9 minutes and 53 seconds. I'm not fully sure.
After Ryoma's match, Tezuka didn't have to play. He rarely had to play with Ryoma on the team and the cooperation of all of them working together.
"Ryoma!" I jumped on him, after the match and he returned to his team.
"Y/n," Ryoma said, struggling to get out of my hold. I grinned up at him and then tightened it before he finally gave up on trying to escape. I smiled widely as Eiji pulled out a camera to take a picture of the two of us.
"Say cheese, Ryoma!" I grinned.
"No," Ryoma said.
"You're no fun," I laughed as Eiji took the picture.