A New Club

Returning from Australia and getting back to the feeling of school is going to take a while.
So far, I've slept in three days of this first week, and Ryoma's been absent for the first three classes every day of the week. He's got it ten times worse than me, no doubt.
Tennis practice resumed after school as usual. We've also gotta show up early to school so Tezuka can make us run five laps and sed us off to class so we're not late. And I admit, I've been late to nearly every class this week. I even slept through a quiz and got a call home so they could discuss my 'absurd behavior' as they put it. It's not absurd if I've been on vacation for a week two weeks ago and if it's been Summer break. Not absurd at all, they're all too strict.
Especially my science teacher. He made me do three different quizzes to make up for the one single quiz I slept through. It's not my fault it's the beginning of the day. Blame it on yourselves for giving us Summer break and funding our vacation.
"L/n," a voice called, one of my classmates. "Come join us!"
"Coming!" I said, raising my voice as I grabbed my lunch and followed after her.
"I hear there's a new occult club here at school," she whispered to me, her brown hair swishing as she turned and looked at me. "We're going to go check it out. You can bring some of your friends. Meet us back here in five minutes, okay? We'll wait for you."
"Okay!" I grin, running off to look for Ryoma and the club regulars.
"Ryoma!" I called as I spotted him by the drinking fountains, waving my hand at him. "Ryoma, let's go join my classmates! We can all go!" I said excitedly when I spotted the rest of the regulars coming towards us.
"All go where?" Ryoma asked, looking at me from under his hat. I grinned at him again and snatched his hat, placing it on my head.
"They say there's a new occult club here at Seigaku. I'm going to go check it out. Are you guys in or out?" I asked with a mischievous smirk at the regulars as they hesitated.
"I'm in!" Momo shouted as he grabbed Ryoma in a neck lock. "What's the matter, Snake?" He teased, looking at Kaido as he started to walk away from us? "Scared? Oh no, is the great Kaido Kaoru scared of a little ghost?" Momo grinned at him as Kaido stopped walking and turned back to us.
"I'm not scared!" Kaido scowled before hissing. "You're the scared one."
"Kaido's scared!" Momo smirked. "Looks like he's a cat and not a snake." He leaned closer to Kaido and grinned in his face before backing up and heading back inside with his arms up behind his head.
"Y/n, lead the way!" Momo said cheerfully as he waited for us to catch up, my hand tousling Ryoma's hair as I ran to the front.

— — —

When we got back, my classmates were already about to leave to the occult club.
"Oi, L/n!" The same girl from before shouted. "Come on!"
I followed her, hearing the regulars behind me and Ryoma walking next to me. I lightly held onto Ryoma's hand in front of us where the club wouldn't see and smiled at him.
"I heard it was taking place during lunch period in class 3-A," the girl said, looking back at us.
"Yeah," a boy up front said mischievously. "Apparently they're going to summon a ghost today, so a lot of classes will be there. Are any of you afraid of ghosts?"
"Kitty is!" Momo shouted from the back of the line, getting hissed at from Kaido.
The boy turned back around, probably slightly weirded out by someone named Kitty, AKA Kaido.
"Oh, we're here!" The boy said, rushing forwards as the class stepped into the classroom. I looked around as I set foot inside, a small chill going up my spine. Whoa.
The entire room was draped in black with candles lighting up the ground and space. There was a circle drawn on the chalkboard with strange shapes a symbols.
I guess this is a summoning circle. . . . What happens if they summoned a demon?
I looked at the people standing around the whiteboard, all dressed in black with hoods on and murmuring under their breaths, so quiet I could barely hear the sound of their voices.
I could pick out a few words, but it really didn't sound Japanese or English.
"Ancient Greek," Ryoma said when I looked over at him. I don't know how he knew that, but at least I know he won't lie to me. Ever.
And who would've thought a group of kids at Seigaku would start an occult club and start speaking Ancient Greek.
The whispers stopped and the room fell completely silent, everyone holding their breaths to see if it had worked. I glanced back and saw Momo, tug lightly on the back of Kaido's shirt.
"Ack-!" Kaido said as he moved away from his current area, Momo cracking up at him before jumping around himself and saying something was touching him.
Eventually, the rest of the regulars laughed at the two of them, Ryoma and I joining in. Well, more like Ryoma smiling softly and myself laughing loudly. We're different, sure, but that's how we know we won't leave each other.
"Kaido's scared of ghosts!" Momo grinned as he pointed at him when he stopped freaking out.
"Me? You were the one freaking out," Kaido retorted, scowling at Momo.
"You're both scared of ghosts!" I said with a grin at them, smacking my hands together once to grab their attention.
"You know, I really didn't think any of you big bad regulars would believe in ghosts, huh?" I said sinisterly. "Guess this makes you both chickens, doesn't it?"
I laughed and stepped back grabbing Ryoma and exiting the room.
"Don't throw a fit to your parents when you get home, little chicks," I grinned before heading to the roof to finish lunch period.

A/n
If anyone has any ideas, please tell meeeeee. I'm out for now.

XO
13