Part 1: Valentines

The month after Christmas passed quickly. Ryoga was still hanging around in Japan and annoying the crap out of Ryoma. It was already the beginning of February and with school still in progress, we had to all focus on tennis and grades, barely having time for our own fun. Yeah, it's super busy. Seigaku's tennis team was upping their game in speed, stamina and practicing for longer each day and the teachers were all jamming information in our brains so we can get it all done before March.
But even with all of the strees piled up on my shoulders right now, I'm looking forwards to one thing in particular. Valentines day.
It will be the second Valentines I've had with Ryoma so far and I'm curious to how he does Valentines this time. I'll probably go to his house for fun and maybe practice a little bit with Ryoga and him. The two of them were always good players, even from a young age they were better than the rest. And now, I'll get to play against Ryoga agin after six months. I've improved a lot more in that time, and I want to see how much he's improved against Ryoma and I. We used to always play against him, the two of us vs him. It was a fair game because he was always better than the two of us. But it's been nearly a year since we last saw each other. It'll be a complete year since then in August. That's mine and Ryoma's anniversary of meeting. We met during the US Open. My father had forced me to watch it so I could see the techniques and learn them better from watching it in person. He wants my tennis style to be a copy-cat style where I mimic other players and their moves and how they play. But none of that's me. And that's why I slammed his idea down, buried the idea six-feet under.
"So," Momo said as he came up beside me. I glanced up and then turned back to looking down the road as I walked. "What are you and Echizen doing for Valentines? It's in thirteen days." He sounded super hyped for this. I wonder how long this has been on his mind. He sounds like a lunatic stalker when he says that. Like if he was watching us and making bets on what we would do based on his intel. Of course, if he did that, he'd consult Inui first since he's a data player.
"Don't know," I said, shrugging and walking ahead of him, avoiding the conversation. Honestly, I want to see what Ryoma will do, even though we've never really done anything lovey-dovey before.
"Y/n-chan!" A voice behind me shouted. I turned around and spotted Ryoga, his tall frame striding towards us with his racket over his shoulder and his US jersey flapping in the wind. And his heroic entrance was ruined when Ryoma brushed past him and hit the racket out of his hand.
"Ryoma!" Ryoga whined. "You just ruined that. It took me a month to think of."
"If it took you that long, then you really must be even more of an idiot than I thought. Mada mada dane," Ryoma said, walking up to me with a slight smug smirk. Ryoga scowled and walked up to my other side, walking beside me with his racket bouncing on his shoulder. Momo was starting to fall behind, still frozen from the interaction.
"Hey! Wait up!" Momo shouted, his footsteps growing louder. "You never answered my question! What are you two going to do for Valentines?!"
"Did you tell him?" Ryoma said. I shook my head.
"You should tell him," Ryoga grinned. "I'm sure he'll be shocked." What an annoying sadist.
"If that's what you want," I shrugged, a slight smile flitting across my lips.
"Well?!" Momo shouted, running up behind me.
"Oh, don't worry it's nothing big. Ryoma and I won't do anything. We didn't do anything last year, so we'll most likely not do anything this year either. Don't you know? I fell for a little smart alec with an ego. Even so, those are probably some of his more attractive features," I shrugged. I swear, Ryoma's eyes saddened for a second but were back to normal in an instant like nothing had happened. And I believe nothing had happened. Ryoma's not one who lets his guard down so easily. It took me a month to break his and I only did because at first he found me as annoying as a gnat. Strange, since now we're dating, right?
"Then you have to do something this year!" Momo shouted, getting fired up. "I'll lock you two in a closet together if I have to!"
"I'll pass. We can figure something out ourselves," I mused with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Mada mada desu." Yeah, I get it. I got a little addicted to using that catchphrase. Ryoma had introduced me to his and Ryoga was constantly saying his everytime he saw something he disliked. Mada mada dane, mada mada daze, and mine: Mada mada desu. It's all way to similar, a bit hard to keep track of if I'm being honest.
"Was that Echizen's catchphrase?" Momo asked, seeming slightly stunned. I turned around to finally face him.
"No. It's mine. Mada mada desu. His is mada mada dane," I said with a slight grin at him. "It's an Echizen thing. You won't get it."
"Mada mada daze," Ryoga said, smirking as he walked away. "I'll see you two next time you come to the Echizen household."
"I live there, you Baka," Ryoma scowled. I laughed at his expression and Ryoga saluted me, running towards his house after he finished the salute.
"I guess you should get back too before your cousing starts to worry. Plus, you'd enjoy seeing Karupin again, right? See you tomorrow!" I said, waving and heading off towards my house. Ryoma nodded and then tipped his hat lower and shoved his hands into his shorts pockets as he walked away with Momo following him.

Ryoma's P.O.V

After I departed with Y/n, my mind kept going back to what she said. 'We didn't do anything last year, so we'll most likely not do anything this year either.' Her voice kept buzzing through my mind like a gnat. Like the gnat I used to think she was when we first met back then.
"Hey, Nanako," I said as I entered my house. Ryoga was already gone from the main floor, probably outside mocking our old man. Nanako seems to be the only one around and available. And there's no way I'm letting Ryoga find out about this. He'd tease me on my deathbed.
"Hai, Ryoma. Do you need something?" Nanako asked, turning around to face me with a bright smile and a freshly baked pie in her hands.
"Hai. Can we talk in my room?" I asked.
"Oh, well, this must be serious if you want to speak in private," Nanako said, setting down her pie. "Of course we can!" Nanako was always helpful, helping my mother, and helping around the house with chores and different tasks related to me.
I went up to my room and sat down on my bed, Nanako sitting beside me at the end.
"So, what did you want to talk about?" Nanako asked eagerly.
"Well, it's about Y/n. I want to do something for Valentines to make her happy, but I don't know what. And we didn't do anything last year either," I said quietly, unused to talking about myself in front of someone. I rarely do it unless it's to tease someone else.
"I think you should set up a date," Nanako grinned.
"A date?"

A/N
Hoya! I'm back, and it's almost Valentines, so why not do a special part? Hope you enjoy the next part. I'll be publishing it around Valentines, not right now.

XO
13