Baka You, Baka Us

It's been a few weeks since Valentines day, and every time I think of that night it gives me tingles down my back. Thankfully none of the Seigaku regulars had figured out about that night yet. The most they know is that we spent our evening stargazing together. Not that we kissed.
And if Ryoga ever goes to Seigaku, my life will officially end from embarrassment of what he would say about Ryoma and I.
It's the end of the school day and all I can do is hope that Nanako isn't going to send Ryoga to pick us up from school.
"Oi! Chibisuke!" Ryoga's voice shouted. I turned around from the entrance gate of Seigaku and started walking back to the school, my pace slowly picking up before I started sprinting. I crashed into Momo outside the tennis courts and he stared at me, confusion written all over his face before I pushed past him and kept on running.
"You're one of Chibisuke's friends, right?" Ryoga's voice asked as he neared me. I ducked behind a corner and then dove into a closet.
"You mean Echizen? Hai," Momo replied. "You're his niisan, right? I'm pretty ssure he hates you."
"Poor thing," Ryoga said, causing me to peek out and see him pat Momo's shoulder. "Seems like Chibisuke's lying to you. He loves me. So does Y/n. They both love me so much. So very much. So, care to tell me where they are?"
"Well, I saw Y/n-" Momo started, glancing up at where I was hiding. I stuck my hands out and made a large X.
"You saw Y/n . . ." Ryoga said, making a gesture to urge him to continue ratting me out.
"Well, funny thing is, I actually just saw her heading out to go home. She's walking, so you can probably catch her quickly in a car," Momo said, a short laugh as he glanced back at me.
"You suck at lying," Ryoga muttered. He really does suck at lying. Even I can tell that.
He moved around Momo and then placed his hands on the handles of the closet door, trying to yank them open as I put all my strength into keeping them closed. He stuck his face up to the crack and peered through, making me jab him using a piece of paper.
"I'm not going with you," I said as he pried the door open. I crossed my arms and stood as far away from him as possible. "Not going to happen."
"Aww, but I'm gonna be your brother in-law when you and Chibisuke get married," Ryoga pouted playfully. I stuck my hand out and flicked him in the forehead, causing him to frown at me. "You don't want to hurt my feelings, right? So come with me and I'll be happy."
"No thanks," I said, pushing past him with a sharp glare.
"Aww, please?" Ryoga said, dropping to one knee and trying to smooch my hand. I scowled at him.
"Ryoma!" I shouted. "You're brother's trying to kill me!" I yanked my hand away from him as Ryoma rounded the corner.
"So this is where you were hiding," Ryoma mused. "Should've hid on the roof with me. At least I came back for a Ponta."
"I didn't have time!" I said, exasperated.
"Niisan," Ryoma said, standing over his brother for once. "You can leave now." Ryoga pouted as he stood up.
"You're no fun, Chibisuke," Ryoga said as he reached his hand out to steal Ryoma's cap.
"Or you're just too boring," Ryoma lifted an eyebrow. "Maybe it's time you get a girlfriend so you can stop bothering me for once."
"That hurts," Ryoga said, placing a hand over his heart in fake pain. His hand snapped out and snatched Ryoma's hat, holding it in the air where Ryoma couldn't reach.
Eventually, after about five minutes of trying to get it with Momo's help, Ryoma pulled out his racket and ball again, tossing it into the air, slamming the racket into the ball. The ball went straight into the inside of the hat and tore it from Ryoga's hand.
"Oi, you've improved, Chibisuke," Ryoga said as he bent down to pick up the hat. I grabbed his ear as soon as he was low enough and started walking to the car.
"Meet me," I said, waving my free hand at Ryoma as I dragged Ryoga with me. I stopped in front of the car and opened the driver's seat, pushing Ryoga in as he complained nonstop about his ear being red. I slammed the door shut and then climbed into the backseat, waiting for Ryoma to get back here. He slid in a few minutes later and then slammed the door behind himself.
"So, why are you two on the offensive this time?" Ryoga asked from the front seat as he glanced back at us in the mirror. "Afraid I'll tell everyone you two had your first smoochy on Valentines day?"
"Who says 'smoochy'?" I said, shaking my head with irritation.
"I'm sure you've said it before," Ryoga said. "But you haven't answered my question."
"Maybe it's to get you back for picking on us for the past few years," I piped up as Ryoma pulled his cap down over his eyes and leaned all the way back.
"I was never picking on you . . ." Ryoga said, trailing off. "Alright, teasing and picking on you are two different things!"
"Na ah," I said, waving my finger at him as he scowled back at me. I really want to call him a baka.
"Baka," Ryoma muttered under his hat. Ryoga scowled even harder at the two of us.
"I'm not a baka!" Ryoga exclaimed loudly. "You're bakas!"
"How about this," I said, lifting my hands before he accidentally crashes us and gets us all killed. "We're all bakas. Happy now?"
"Maybe," Ryoga said after a second, fuming bitterly in silence. I slid a can of Ponta into the cupholders and he popped the lid open, tipping it back and taking a long drink.
"Thanks," he muttered.
Jeez. He's such an idiot.
I sighed, leaning back against the seat and relaxing as Ryoga drove over to my place.