Part 2: Valentines Day

Ryoma's P.O.V

Nanako was a helpful cousin. I admit that. She told me nearly exactly what I should do. I've just got to make sure Y/n likes it so I'll need to make it interesting and different from what she would expect for Valentines. Honestly, I never thought I'd have to do all of this stuff for Valentines. I never pictured myself with a date, much less a girlfriend. But I got a good one, so I should be proud of myself. Niisan certainly gets a kick out of Y/n and I. He's always running around the house, popping in and out and teasing me every chance he gets.
I sighed and looked over at my clock next to my cat Karupin. It was 8:30. I should probably get going. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out the front door with quick goodbyes to Okaasan and Nanako, heading down the street when Momo nearly crashed into me.
"You're going to be late! Buchou's going to make us run laps!" Momo shouted as he swerved to avoid me before continuing on to Seigaku. "You're girlfriend's probably waiting!" I sighed again. He's right. Y/n's probably waiting for me to get to school. With a scowl, I hefted my duffel bag over my shoulder and jogged after Momo in order to make it on time.
Today's the right day, right?

Y/n's P.O.V

It's already the thirteenth of February, nearly two weeks passing without Ryoma saying a single thing about what Momo had mentioned on the first of February. But I expect that of Ryoma, even if it is slightly disappointing. I get that he's not used to it and all, but still. He's got compassion so he's perfectly capable of doing something special for Valentines day.
"Ryoma!" I called, waving my hand at him when he arrived. He looked over at me and approached slowly.
"Let's go on a date," Ryoma said, being rather blunt. I blinked, unsure if I heard him correctly.
"A date?" I said.
"If you don't want to, that's fine. I have no clue what I'm doing. And now I probably look like a baka in front of you," Ryoma said, trailing off with a scowl.
"No. I'll go. Anywhere you want, Ryoma. I was just surprised, that's all. But, your answer is yes!" I said, already getting hyped up.
"Good. Meet me tomorrow at six at night at my house. I'll be sure to be ready," Ryoma said, confidence shining brightly in his eyes.
"Oi! Echizen got a date!" Momo shouted as he came speeding towards us. Ryoma held up a hand to stop him and scowled.
"Ochibi?! Really?!" Eiji said, bounding over to us with a hop in his step.
"So childish," Ryoma muttered, tipping his hat lower over his face. "And they're upperclassmen."
"Yeah, but that's what makes them them," I said, shrugging. "Anyways. I'll see you tomorrow at six, Ryoma." I grinned and walked away happily. And for the rest of the day, his words kept spinning through my head.

And then it was Valentines and we never saw each other until the end of the day when I went to his house and knocked on his door, curious to what he was up to. I was dressed nicely, not too fancily and not too plainly. Perfect for a surprise date with Ryoma. It was a simple red dress down to my knees with black leggings and tennis shoes so I can still move freely. My hair was spun back into a neat bun with a small heart pin keeping it in place.
"Oh, you're here," Ryoma said as he opened the door. He wore a simple white button down shirt and blue jeans. He didn't have his hat on, and Karupin was at his feet rubbing up against his legs. "We're going somewhere else tonight. Nanako helped me set it up." He grabbed my hand and started pulling me in the direction of the graveyard. We passed it a few minutes later and he finally stopped pulling when we got to the top of a hill that overlooked the city. He held up a bandana and blindfolded me with my permission, carefully leading me down what I believe to be another hill and then up an even larger one. He finally untied the bandana and uncovered my eyes. They widened as I took in what I saw. It was a small red checkered blanket with candles surrounding it, already lit and prepared ahead of time. There was food set out on it and Ryoma stood to the side awkwardly. It was set up on top of the largest hill and above us, the clouds were shifting and the sun's rays were streaming through the clouds and creating a magificent sunset.
"This is amazing," I said quietly.
"Really?" Ryoma asked. "Nanako helped me. She's the only reason why this was accomplishable. But Happy Valentines day, Y/n." He took a seat on the blanket and I joined him, sitting with my legs crossed and staring out over the town and fields, the sun reflecting off of everything, giving it a perfect look.
"Happy Valentines day, Ryoma," I repeated, leaning back and relaxing, popping a piece of heart shaped chocolate in my mouth.
He moved to lay down on his back and nearly tipped knocked a candle over, causing me to start laughing while he smiled slightly at me.
"You know, Ryoma, today's going to be one of the best day in my teenage memories," I grinned. "All because you made this night possible for me." Ryoma cracked a small grin and I laughed, seeing how forced it was before he started laughing out loud as well. I reached my hand out and wrapped my fingers with his, closing my eyes and enjoying the calm sounds of nature around me and Ryoma's laughter as they swirled around my head.
"I'm glad you liked it, Y/n. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't," Ryoma said quietly as his laughter died down.
"Nah. I'll like anything you give me, Ryoma," I grinned.
"Like this?" Ryoma asked, leaning forwards, stopping centimeters before my face before releasing a breath and closing the gap. My eyes closed on instinct and I felt him smile against my lips before he pulled away and his neck turned red from embarrassment.
"You're even cuter when you're flustered," I grinned, teasing him and making his face turn red, but even as I fooled around with him, I couldn't erase what he just did from my mind. He kissed me before I had the chance to kiss him. It was unfair he moved first, but I have to admit. His kiss was like a chocolate fountain. And his kiss, it's going to be forever etched into my mind as my first kiss. My first love. And my first boyfriend. My first in everything.

A/n
Happy Valentines day!
I hope you all liked this chapter.

XO
13