Surprise

Our two year anniversary, that's what tomorrow is. And I'm hyped up because I know Ryoma won't forget about it and he'll give me something spectacular just like he did for Valentine's Day.

At least I think so, I'm not exactly sure what he'll try to do, we've just got to make sure Ryoga doesn't find out about this time of year. He'll destroy us with his jokes and tricks.

Like that time he made everyone throw a party because he told them we were engaged.

I'm surprised anyone fell for that. That lie was insane.

But let's remember I do want that to happen someday. Just not over Ryoga's jokes.

For now, I'm at Ryoma's house, and the two of us are going out of our way to avoid Ryoga at all costs.

I'm just gonna say that was a bad move.

Why?

Cause now he's suspicious of us and has us both cornered in the kitchen.

Ryoma and I nod at each other solemnly, looking back at Ryoga.

And then we booked it, running for our lives out of the kitchen, Ryoga shouting behind us as he chased us.

We got the head start, but he's got the long legs.

Which means he caught up to us in seconds, grabbing our arms and pinning us together.

"Have you got something you must need to tell me?" Ryoga asked, speaking in a strange way. Still making jokes, huh?

"Nope!" I say quickly. Too quickly.

"Just tell me! I won't make fun of you or joke around with you. Promise!" Ryoga said, smiling at us. I think it was supposed to be a nice smile, but right now, it looked creepy.

"No," I repeat again.

"Tell meeeeeeee," Ryoga whined, acting like he was two. He's sixteen, why is he acting like a toddler?

"Our. Two. Year," I started to say, pausing after every word. "Annoyance. Is. Right. In. Front. Of. Us." I stuck my tongue out and then ran again after jerking my arm out of his loose hold, hearing Ryoma's feet pounding on the ground behind me.

I turned back and grinned at Ryoga as his ears turned red and he started to chase after us again.

We wound around the tennis court and the entire yard, sprinting around his house twenty times before we started to run out of breath and our paces faltered.

I slid down the fence wall and laughed as I closed my eyes, leaning back as I relaxed my muscles and regained my breath.

I opened my eyes and looked over at Ryoma as he sat down next to me. Smiling, I leaned closer to him and gave him a peck on his cheek, leaning my head on his shoulder right after.

Ryoga sat down next to us and held his fist out for me. I bumped it with another smile as the three of us sat there, relaxing in the sun and chilling with each other.

"Ryoga," I say as I watched Ryoma fall asleep. Ryoga looked over at me, focused and attentive to what I would say.

"Ryoga, I'm glad Ryoma has a brother like you," I say with a small smile before I slowly drifted off to sleep, feeling Ryoga chuckle and stand up, leaving us alone right before my eyes fell shut.

Sometime later, I woke up, the bright sun streaming in my face as I yawned, stealing Ryoma's hat as I stood up.

A smile formed on my lips as I looked at him before dropping a quick note on his shirt and heading off the Echizens' property and headed to my house.

— — —

The next day I woke up early for school, excited since it was my two year anniversary with Ryoma. I couldn't stop smiling on my walk to school.

I knew he was going to do something, but as I walked through into the tennis courts, my eyes widened in shock and surprise.

All the tennis regulars were standing on the courts with pieces of paper in their hands, all of them laughing and grinning as they looked at me. I spotted Ryoma on the side of them with a small smile on his face as the regulars started flipping their papers over, spelling something out.

I

L
O
V
E

Y
O
U

❤️

Ryoma held up the heart, a half smile on his face as he looked at me.

I grinned, a feeling of joy and happiness spreading throughout my chest and body as I read the words.

I ran forwards, jumping on Ryoma as I hugged him tightly.

"Happy two year anniversary!" I grinned, standing up straight as I released him from the thigh death grip of a hug.

"Yeah," Ryoma smiled at me. "Happy two year anniversary for us."

The regulars came up behind Ryoma and grabbed the two of us in a giant hug as they piled around us, all of them grinning and excited.

I smiled and my eyes softened as I saw Momo ruffle Ryoma's hair as he held him in a neck lock and Eiji jumping on both of their backs as Ryoma's hat fell off and he looked at me before giving one of his rare grins.

A/n
I published this exactly 1 year ago today! So, for those of you who stayed here, thank you! 💖💞