And Counting...

A day has passed since Eric left for Amity. I've had more pains but haven't told anyone or been to the clinic to get things checked. I'm too scared this baby will come without Eric.

I'm at Eleanor and Coopers apartment trying to pass the time. It's so lonely without Eric and I realize how dependent on him I've become.

Lennie and I have the music blaring and are dancing around her living room. I'm mid twirl when the worst pain I've felt so far hits me. I drop to my knees and clutch my abdomen. Something isn't right.

"Ophelia?" Lennie asks. She sees the look on my face and turns the music off. "What's wrong?" She asks, growing panicky.

I lick my lips and let out a slow breath, the pain has subsided for now. "Get Cooper." I tell her, keeping my voice even.

"What's going on?" She knows something's happening and her voice shakes.

"It's ok, Len, it's ok." I try to keep her calm. Another wave of pain hits me. "Damn it." I squeeze my eyes shut as it comes full force. "Ahhh." I groan as I bite my lip.

"Cooper!" She screams running towards his bedroom.

When they come back into the living room the contraction is dissipating and I'm breathing heavily. "I need help. Get me to the infirmary."

They rush to me, helping me up and stand on either side of me, wrapping their arms around my waist to support some of my weight.

"Look, more contractions will come and I'm going to be in a lot of pain. I'll probably start screaming. Just go slow and stay calm." I try to prepare them before another one starts.

We make it to the stairwell when more pain consumes me. I want to stop but know that's not an option, I can't have this baby on the stairs.

I turn my head to the side, biting into my shoulder to try and muffle the scream. It comes out as a whimper and Lennie looks like she's about to lose it.

"Face forward, Len. Block it out." Cooper instructs his sister.

Another three contractions hit before we make it to the clinic. I've never been so relieved to see the hospital doors in my life.

As soon as we're inside Cooper shouts for help. We're surrounded by medical personnel in a fraction of a second. I'm taken back to a bed, my clothes are stripped from my body, and I'm hooked up to all kinds of monitors and an IV.

"Get my mom." I tell Cooper in the midst of the chaos.

"What about Eric?" He asks.

I shake my head forcefully. "No. Not until I know exactly what's going on. Just my mom."

"But he's in Amity with the fires, it could take him days to get back." Cooper argues. "If something happens to you or he misses this and he finds out I knew, he'll kill me."

I grab the bed rails as another contraction comes. I see it spike on the monitor and scream, not even bothering to try and hide my pain anymore.

"No." I get out through clenched teeth as the pain begins to lessen.

He doesn't say anything more to me, but turns to his sister. "Lennie, come with me."

They leave and I turn to the nurses for answers. "What's going on?"

"You're in preterm labor, Ophelia." I recognize that voice, it's Aylee. "We're going to start you on some meds which will hopefully stop or at least slow down your contractions. You're only 34 weeks and we want this baby to stay put for as long as possible."