Girl You're Alright

When I return to training an hour later, I find everyone on the roof. Guns have been brought from the armory and they're taking target practice.

I stand to the side waiting for someone to see me. Levi spots me first and makes his way over. "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Like you care." I roll my eyes, hoping Eric will notice us and rescue me from this entire situation.

Levi grabs my arm and I'm shocked when there's no pressure behind it. "I wasn't going to kill you." He leans in closer. "We've known each other our entire lives, Ophelia. You know I wouldn't do that."

"I don't know what I know anymore." I say as I remove my arm from his grasp. Eric is stalking towards us.

"What's going on?" He growls as he reaches our side.

"Nothing." Levi answers, standing a little straighter.

I look between the two of them. "It's fine." I assure Eric.

"Well grab a gun. Join your classmates." He instructs.

I follow his order, grabbing the last gun from the racks that have been placed off to the side. I sling it over my back as I go to join my friends.

When I'm at the station with Arri and Len, they instantly stop shooting.

"Oh my god!" Lennie shouts as she throws her arms around me. I feel Arri do the same from behind. They have successfully made an Ophelia sandwich. "Are you ok?"

"Yea, you scared the hell out of us!" Arri chimes in.

"I'm fine, guys." I smile at them both as they release me.

"What was Levi thinking? I mean we heard initiation was rough, but that was just crazy." Eleanor still looks shaken up by the whole thing.

"I promise, I'm ok."

"You're sure? Your neck looks pretty bad." Arri stares at the bruises with a frown. She's not convinced.

I smile at their concern. "Yes." I say and place a hand on each of their shoulders. "I'll prove it."

I walk up to the range, stopping at the firing line. I take my stance and position the rifle against my shoulder. With a deep breath, I stare at the target, letting the sound of my blood pumping echo in my ears.

My father always taught me to relax, to fire between my heartbeats. I squeeze the trigger and look at the target. Bullseye. I've hit the dummy dead center.

"Damn." I hear a voice say from the station beside me.

I glance over at the boy with a grin on my face.

"That was impressive." He says as he walks towards me, his arm extended. "I'm Asher."

"Ophelia." I say, taking his hand.

"Times up! Go get some lunch and meet back at the Pit in an hour." Eric's voice startles me. I hadn't noticed he was so close.

He's sending Asher an evil look and when I give him a small smile as I walk by, he glares at me too.

I eat my lunch in a confused haze. The day is only half over and already its been out of control. I'm ready to get in my bed, cuddle my son, and go to sleep. It's hard to believe I have 10 weeks of this left.

The hour is about halfway up when I see my mom enter the cafeteria with Hudson. I get up immediately, abandoning my food and my friends.

The second Hudson sees me approaching he begins to squeal and stretches his arms out. "Ma-ma-ma." He coos, leaning towards me.