Episode 1: It Ends Now

Long before time had a name...that's a story that's told again and again. It's an old, yet true legend of how The First Spinjitzu Master created his home and realm of Ninjago from a land of nothing but sea and monsters.

Another story told time and time again is the tale of The Great Sage, an all powerful and immortal warrior king that could defeat any foe with a swing of his legendary staff. A primate born from stone with the power of gods.

These old legends are told by so many people in two different realms...but the thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished.

MK zoomed throughout the sky on his cloud, spinning around his golden staff as purple lightning bolts fired at him, almost non-stop. He then zoomed higher and higher into the air until the lightning couldn't catch up with him.

The Crystal King's eyes narrowed as he floated through the air, the purple lightning firing off his body and practically demolishing the sky itself. And as if it was alive, it was chasing MK.

MK's red and golden armor shined, even in this dark sky. "C'mon! You can't be that bad at aiming, can you?!" He exclaimed before zooming at The Crystal King.

The Crystal King raised one of his four hands and then slammed his fist into MK's gut, punching him straight off his Somersault Cloud. The purple lightning turned a bright silver and started firing at MK like bullets.

MK fell through the air, yelping at the bullets as he took out his staff again, ready to deflect them all...until green dragon wings suddenly shielded him, almost wrapping around him.

The Monkie Kid, clearly confused and shocked, looked from side to side. "Say what?"

"You really thought I was gonna let you fight this creep without me?" A voice said with an echo before the wings began to spread out and whoever caught MK let go of him.

MK landed on his cloud again before staring at who was flying beside him. A gold and green Oni with shining dragon wings on his back. MK grinned. "Hey, in my defense-"

"FLY!" Lloyd suddenly exclaimed as he dove higher into the air, with MK following soon after. The energy emerging from The Crystal King didn't give up and kept following them.

The Monkie Kid and The Green Ninja kept flying and flying before Lloyd had to spread his wings again and use them as a shield, defending both himself and MK. The Monkie Kid's eyes glowed gold before he fired out a giant laser beam from his eyesight alone, firing it at The Crystal King.

The Crystal King raised all four of his hands, encasing himself in a crystal that protected himself from the laser. Once it passed, he broke out of his own shield.

"Oh, that's just cheating!" MK exclaimed, gritting his sharp teeth.

Lloyd summoned a pair of dual swords into his hands, spinning them around. "Then, we're not going to play fair either!"

MK looked at him and then nodded before the two charged together, with The Crystal King roaring as he flew at them.

You may be wondering what the heck is going on. Well...to tell you that story, we'll have to tell you this story.

Ninjago. A peaceful place of balance. Light and Dark lived together and fought each other for eternity. Wherever there was the wicked and the vile, there was the brave and heroic. But even if their goal was to stop each other? They also needed each other.

Light couldn't exist without Darkness to oppose. And Darkness couldn't exist without Light to destroy.

And once again...a war had begun between the opposing sides.